LegacyGT.com

Some pics of my Del Sol.

Finally found one in good condition without any rust. I got a DOHC Vtec one so it has the B16a2 engine from the factory. Carfax was clean and so was the car and it drove really well and was surprisingly fast even with the 136k miles it had on it. I would say its probably as quick as my 2000 Celica GTS was and with the 8200rpm redline it reminds me so much of that car. On the ride home I got 36mpg which was what I was hoping for so this will make a great commuter to keep miles low on the LGT.

IMG_0095.jpg.c6b9b0f9b43b0c69b4b010d0ac927fec.jpg

IMG_0096.jpg.20fd0d53dce9c181d8b86a9048d07cc5.jpg

IMG_0097.jpg.aacb7cb3056e6ee64c16aacf984f493c.jpg

IMG_0098.jpg.0538f561f326014964f208cd00c82a56.jpg

Ohhh.....my eyes!!! Is that the JDM Catfish body kit???

Seriously though....ditch the body kit and I'd rock it. I had those wheels on my '89 Si....classy looking rollers.

I have no idea what kit that was I thought it was the Blitz one because I saw another one with same kit on it and thats what that owner described it as. I didn't ask this owner because I assumed it was the Blitz one. It's got a Magnaflow muffler on it too not sure if that back to engine is performance oriented or not but it all looks fairly new under the car so perhaps it's a whole exhaust. Thing is really loud makes my Borla catback on the LGT sound stock.

The kit is Erebuni. About $650-1K unfinished. There are more tasteful ones out there, that's for sure. I put a Tenzo R exhaust on my CRX Si after the rare Mugen was stolen. It's a good piece...not expensive, tangible results in performance and not super loud.

Guest *Jedimaster*
I always liked them. Not quite bi-curious, but just manly enough to drive and not get solicited for gay sex.

Congratulations!!

I'm also not a body-kit fan, so the front-end is "interesting"!!

Almost took some pics of the pile of "stuff" we got into the Del Sol trunk the other day. Wife headed to her folks the other day, and took the two (small) dogs with her. Everything (except the dogs!) fit in the trunk. Plus, she can get 30-city 35-highway mpg with the si AT (about 5 better on both ends than when I drive it!)

Ron

Nice, I think I'd revert some things to stock, like the body kit and tail lights, and replace the loud exhaust with something quieter. I'm sure some 16~20 year old kid would JUMP on them. Otherwise, that's a pretty good choice for an economic DD that's still fun to actually drive.

Martin Luther - "Who loves not women, wine and song remains a fool his whole life long."

EL4NFZT7

+1 on the nose job. I would also opt for larger wheels (they are dwarfed in the wheel wells, and maybe a slight lowering... I can't imagine that would be expensive, considering the aftermarket on the Civic variants.

I don't even mind the headlights or tail lights... but the clear inner front lights look a little out of place, not being blackened.

It will probably be a fun little runabout and commuter.

Archived