LegacyGT.com

Just installed Cobb Rear Sway Bar

jholder

any small abnormality or irregularity in the road, pavement, or anything else i'm driving on! :( since i drive 85% of the time for my job, i hear it quite often. but now i've grown accustomed to it. other people think the car's falling apart! :lol:

might want to take a look underneath. Something is loose somewhere. Maybe you have wrong sized bushings. Somebody on here reported that they got wrong sized bushings allowing the bar to travel.

might want to take a look underneath. Something is loose somewhere. Maybe you have wrong sized bushings. Somebody on here reported that they got wrong sized bushings allowing the bar to travel.

I got the wrong size bushings. I got 2 1 inch, one 3/4 and one 7/8 bushing.

I got out hte trusty dremel and opened up that 3/4 to just a hair under 7/8 (its most definitely not loose. Cobb is supposed to be shipping me a replacement, I'll take a look at everything once it's all in to see if its still tight.

--james

• 2 weeks later...

Finally received my Cusco F/R Sways in the mail and I'm feeling like a little kid on christmas looking at those beautiful blue bars.

One issue before I jump the gun, here. I want to make sure I don't F-up the install on these and seeing how the only included instructions are in Japanese I'm hoping I can get help from you guys.

Anything I need to remember while installing these bars? I read from another thread to make sure and use some non-lithium grease on the bushings before you slide them on the bar. Any brand recommendations? Do you use grease any where else??

I've also read about locktite or locking washers. worth it?

I'm hoping to do this install within the next few days. Probably do the rear first, then move onto the front. From the sounds of other people's experiences, I am in for quite a surprise with the results.

I am definately thinking of getting this set once the rear bar is fixed. Does anyone have a comparison with the cusco f/r they seem a bit cheaper. But the cobb comes with the renforcement also.

Archived