LegacyGT.com

Just installed Cobb Rear Sway Bar

jholder

Wow. I just installed by rear sway bar (haven't gotten around to the front or the springs yet).

It makes a _huge_ difference in the way the car feels. It feels a lot tighter and more nimble. A++ for big sways.

That is all, just wanted to say wow.

--james

ordered a set of F/R Cusco Sways from Gruppe-S a few days ago but they were backordered 3-weeks !!! :eek:

Not sure if I should wait or cancel the order.

Wait!!!!! You won't regret it. I've had mine for the last 11,000 fun filled miles :icon_bigg :icon_bigg

If you can afford College, you probably don't need to go.

I'm kind of on the fence about putting sway bars on. I like the ability to toss my car into a 4 wheel drift.....then throttle out of it.

It's frightening for passengers for sure, but I love it.

I think tires are on the top of my list, then bars, and maby some Bilsteins.

Sway bar question; Are the ones from Progress any good?

Just got done installing my Cobb fsb. While I was under the car I decided to change the rack bushings to the Whiteline steering bushings I ordered a while back.

To be honest, I have no idea if the steering bushings made any difference.

The sway bar however... man, front and rear working together. It feels like a completely different sedan. Everything is sharp. Body roll is very minor (hopefully the H&R springs Ive got next to me will tighten the rest of the suspension up).

I have a feeling the strut braces i ordered are going to be more bling than anything else.

All I can say is damn, this car feels nice now. The only downside is that once your suspension gets worked out you start thinking...you know, this car can handle more power now....:D I promised once I was done with the suspension I'd be done with mods until next february.

:D We'll see how that goes.

heh.

--james

You may be surprised at what some good strut tower braces do for your car.

I put a set in the SRT4 I had previously, they definitly made a difference, especially the rear one. The made the car much more crisp, or responsive when under severe cornering forces. It felt like smaller corrections to keep the car on line. That was the only mod I did to that suspension.

I just got my COBB f/r sway bars installed, STI pink springs and Kartboy rear endlinks. A completely different handling car now. Handling is now on par with the cars power. About an inch lower all the way around, looks awesome. Twisties are flat now. Adds at least 20 to 25 mph to most high speed turns. Car feels solid and planted, even on the stock bridgstones. Transitions are very predictable and turn is is quicker and now have to relearn apex angles at speed. Now it is truly 5-series with sport package like only more fun. No clunking or funny noises so far. Just completed a road trip after install from CA to WA. The ride is like factory on the STI pinks, but they firm up nicely when the car is under duress. The combination of the springs and sways have the car responding nicely when changing directions. Stock struts are working fine with the STI pinks. Greatly reduced front end lift with accelleration or dive with hard braking either. Very happy. Might want Access port, and switch to a 17 x 8 wheel now. :)

Topspin

Wow. I just installed by rear sway bar (haven't gotten around to the front or the springs yet).

It makes a _huge_ difference in the way the car feels. It feels a lot tighter and more nimble. A++ for big sways.

That is all, just wanted to say wow.

--james

Add a front bar and you will really be amazed. The car is more fun than a barrel of monkeys now!

"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

I've heard that. I'll you know if i can tell anything. Im thinking hte springs are gonna really be the next big change. I just hope the drop is not too extreme.

--james

The LGT has a pretty stiff body, I don't think that the strut bars will do that much. It isn't a neon after all :D

Yah, see thats my problem. I got the bars changed out. The car just feels _so_ much more confident driving. It made me say. "You know, the car doesnt feel like its at the limits with the stock acceleration. I need more power."

:)

Very happy. Might want Access port, and switch to a 17 x 8 wheel now. :)

Topspin

I've kept up with the thread on here covering that topic. Cobb seems to be really good about dealing with problems that arise like that. My vendor talked to Cobb, and they said it shouldn't be a problem. I'm going to call Cobb and check on the status of another issue with Cobb tommorrow and see what they have to say regarding the fitment issue as well as the replacement and the ETA on the new bar designs.

The only downside is its going to be hard to take the sway off. If its a serious issue, I'll probably keep the springs off until they get a fix in the works.

--james

You do realize the RSB will have clearance issues when you lower your car?

COBB is fixing the problem, but will not be solved for another 2 months.

Nice to hear you like...I noticed the difference right away...because of the clearance issue (on my stock ride) I put the stock sway back on and noticed the difference right away...Hope the new bar comes out soon!

even with the clunking, the car still handles so much better! :O

How much do you clunk? I have Cuscos F/R and only clunk SOMETIMES when I enter my drive way. I have stock suspention though.

If you can afford College, you probably don't need to go.

any small abnormality or irregularity in the road, pavement, or anything else i'm driving on! :( since i drive 85% of the time for my job, i hear it quite often. but now i've grown accustomed to it. other people think the car's falling apart! :lol:
Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

Archived