LegacyGT.com

Where to start - opinions please

Ok - here we go. I've got about $800 bucks to make my 06 5EAT a little more thrilling to drive. I want to do front and rear sways, maybe a set of S-techs AND I want to do an AP with a stage#1 TDC tune BUT I can only do one of them at this time. Help me choose.

PS - I do about 80% of my driving on the HWY (the rest is driving to and from the HWY).

Thanks!

#1 Tires

#2 Handleing

#3 Power

#4 Stupid amount of power

I'm swapping 1 and 2, just because I don't want to spend the money on tires til I need them :p (plus I don't drive like I did 5 years ago :lol: )But the more I drive this car, the more I am thinking improving the handling is a must before adding more power.

Honestly if you have an AT then you could really use the TDC TPS remapping that we have. It works absolute wonders for the 5EAT. It will feel like a different car.

The sways are nice but wouldn't be the first place I would go. I am not trying to push you either way as TDC sells both sways and the AP+protune. I guess it all depends on what you want.

Sways will help a little in the turns, not as much as you may think. Coilovers and sways and tires would be the best setup to stay flat but that is a lot of $$$.

If you want improved power, response, smoothness then I would go AP. If you only have about $800 why don't you spend a little over that and get the TDC AP+ MAP and a rear sway. That would be right around there.

PM Me for all your Modification Needs!

Archived