LegacyGT.com

What did you drive back in High School?

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Almost forgot, I also used to drive my dad's 89 Mazda MPV van too back in the day (first couple months before I was proficient enough with stick.) That thing was really light in the back end, particularly in emergency stopping and snow. :o

I had a chauffeur, unfortunately he drove the No.22 bus. When I started driving, a but later than everyone in the US, it was in a Renault 5, whose only redeeming factor was that we could fit 8 people in it after parties! I did learn to drive in a Fiesta XR2, which we had at 100mph on the morning of my driving test..

Hey MSB, my dad used to work for Renault. Then AMC/Renault when they 'merged' here in the states. My first car was a 1973 AMC Hornet Hatchback. Green. 360 V8, 727 torqueflight auto tranny, rear end out of a '69 Charger, with 3.91 gears. I had E.T. slips from the previous owner of 12.19 and 12.34. Good choice for a 17 year old, huh? Two tickets within the first 10 months. The girlfriend and I could lay down in the back with the seats folded down. Ahhh... memories. I need to find some pictures of that thing. Rich Oh yeah, about the Renaults. I had an R17 Gordini after the Hornet. That was a cool car. My parents had an R12 wagon for a few years, and dad was always messing around with messed up R5's. He'd fix them up, and we'd drive them. Oh yeah, I remember going to prom in a Renault Fuego (dad's company car). Anybody remember those?

74 Pontiac Catalina...2 door Sport Coupe with the 400 CI V-8 and 4 bl carb from the Trans Am. My Catalina was black with a white vinyl top and white vinyl interior (seats cracked in the Minnesota winters...froze my A$$ off on those seats). I still wonder how I stayed alive driving that car as a 16 year older with all that Hp and RWD in the snow during winter??? :o :lol:

I mainly drove my mom's Accord. Then I drove a Ford Ranger w/ the small V6 (2.8L?) for a few months in my senior year. I was lucky to get my own car when I went to college. An '89 yellow Prelude Si. That was back when SCC was about 60 pages and people were still cutting their factory springs.

• 1 month later...
i drove a Red 96 ford probe GT 5spd with every possible mod you could fit under the hood. i had that thing pushing 300hp roughly. god i miss that car. i wish i spent the money on this subaru. i can only dream what i would have this legacy upto by now.

• 4 weeks later...
[quote name='SUBE555']Cummon Franz, you had a total pimp ride! Gold with the big subs and stuff. :lol: Sorry, had to have a little fun![/quote] :D But I did not pimpify it until after I graduated. Remember when I set off car alarms at the one Appleton meet? :lol: But now the system is collecting dust for the time being until it goes into a Legacy GT.

Archived