LegacyGT.com

Car and Driver O5 LGT review

[url]http://www.caranddriver.com/article.asp?section_id=15&article_id=8550&page_number=1[/url] If this has been posted, sorry for the superfluousness (man, i just love saying that). Some of the comments in the review seem to be so far off base. Noisy doors? Huh? My car reeks of European solidness. Not a creak, groan, nothing. I am so open to other cars, and am not about defending our beloved LGT's becuase we own 'em, but, well, the test seems to omit our AWD as sorta a neat thing. It also seems to pass over, well, the fact that the car did , ahem, 14.2 in the 1/4 mile. Huh? 14.2? Better tires and a quick AccessPort add-on and Im thinking 13 secs in the 1/4. That seems quite worthy of not only a small sedan, but a subaru as well. Anyway, I have rambled alot. Read. Enjoy. Comment. Jeff

Yeah, there were a couple huge threads on this. The "official" link hasn't been posted though. You should add it to the "Legacy/Outback Reviews & Articles List" sticky. This comparison will be featured on one of their shows this weekend, btw.

[quote name='wzhaoca']I've stopped trusting reviews on these domestic car magazines long ago. They all seem to have turned into advertising machines for big car companys. The net is the first place I go to get unbiased first hand reviews from real owners. Just my 2 cents.[/quote] The tv shows are still fun to watch because you actually get to the see the car being put through it's paces. Plus, the remote controls have a "mute" button. ;)

[quote name='devobuzz']Why does the Legacy have the worst braking numbers???? I thought we had big brakes? Do our pads suck?[/quote] Nope, I beleive it has to do with the good ole RE-92s. Change the tires, and most likely, you will notice an increase in deceleration distances. Also could be some other things...as you mentioned, pads could be kinda soft. Of course, that can all be fixed. Better tires, stainless lines, better fluid, and of course, pads. Not sure if the rotors need to be changed...unless of course they are bad (ala SUBE555). Later, i.

[quote name='I_am_a_replicant']http://www.caranddriver.com/article.asp?section_id=15&article_id=8550&page_number=1 Some of the comments in the review seem to be so far off base. Noisy doors? -> My car reeks of European solidness. -> It also seems to pass over, well, the fact that the car did , ahem, 14.2 in the 1/4 mile. Huh? 14.2? Better tires and a quick AccessPort add-on and Im thinking 13 secs in the 1/4. That seems quite worthy of not only a small sedan, but a subaru as well. [/quote] Everyone comments on how solid and smooth this car is. I think every person who got in my car has commented on how soilid the doors are. If I get an AccessPort add-on, I will take it to the track and do a few runs, I'm sure it'll surprise quite a few people. - Mike

Yeah, the only time the window makes a funny noise is if its only 3/4 of the way up. When fullyup, they close as nice as a Benz. Maybe some kid was feeding the door some quarters and they were rattling around when they closed the doors?

[quote name='godwhomismike']Everyone comments on how solid and smooth this car is. I think every person who got in my car has commented on how soilid the doors are.[/quote] I've gotten "whoa this has some pick up" "I'm going to tell your mom how you drive!" "hey, wait, the turn is right heeeeeeree ayeeeee!!" Nothing about smoothness though :)

Well, I am sorry my orignal post was late and goofy as I am not current on the board alot. But now that I read the comments re: the car, I am very glad I made the goofy post. I do agree: the door handle feel alone is positively BMW/Euro solid. The doors close as good as anything I have ever driven (in). Every person that has ever opened the door or closed the door, operated anything in the car, comments on the quality. At risk of gushing/overstating, this car reeks of quaility. Period. Sadly, i read a long interview (which I am sure all of you have read a long time ago) with the Soob execs and they admit this car will not sell well, will be limited in its appeal, etc. Amazing. Becuase the car is missing a nav system and other (to me) non-critical items, and because it is not perceived as a luxury, tons of potential buyers are going to skip over it. And yet, to me, it is an amazing car for the dollars. Hell, it is a great car irrespective of the duckets. Yup, I preach to the choir, but now I feel more betterer.

[quote name='godwhomismike'][quote name='I_am_a_replicant']http://www.caranddriver.com/article.asp?section_id=15&article_id=8550&page_number=1 Some of the comments in the review seem to be so far off base. Noisy doors? -> My car reeks of European solidness. -> It also seems to pass over, well, the fact that the car did , ahem, 14.2 in the 1/4 mile. Huh? 14.2? Better tires and a quick AccessPort add-on and Im thinking 13 secs in the 1/4. That seems quite worthy of not only a small sedan, but a subaru as well. [/quote] Do they make an accessport for the LGT '05 yet? Everyone comments on how solid and smooth this car is. I think every person who got in my car has commented on how soilid the doors are. If I get an AccessPort add-on, I will take it to the track and do a few runs, I'm sure it'll surprise quite a few people. - Mike[/quote]

Archived