LegacyGT.com

Opinions wanted- H7 HID 'plus' H3 fog HID... sweet, or teh RICE?

Gire

Double Dose HID what's your thoughts?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Double Dose HID what's your thoughts?

• it's gonna look killer!
    • gireland- that's way too much rice!
    • swear ta me Lois Lane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a chance to buy 2 sets of HID from my old buds at the car audio and accessory wholesaler I used to work at back in the day...

Basically my buddy will give me his spare full-colour Blackberry PDA for free (I desperately need to upgrade my old P.O.S 6750 model) if I help his inventory overstock and take a 6000K H3 and H7 HID kit off of him.

All at the stinky low price of about $350.00 (CAN prices, my Yankee friends) for the whole ball of wax, which is a very good deal.

BIG Question- is double HID going to be just too much? I fear that the rice factor will be too high.

I am really on the fence here, but the carrot (ie: hot price) dangled in front of me is almost too much to pass up.

Sheesh. 60 views and only 5 votes???! Is it all unregistered lurkers?

:lol:

Thanks to you guys who did vote.

hahahaha that weird hahaha anyways the reason i think it would look great is cause i am kinda sick of the "lexus" look on my car now the bright white headlights and near yellow fogs so i say go for it cause it would match and matching headlights/fogs look good

Pure Adrenaline

Attached...

To A License Plate
:p

I think it will look pretty good but it might be pretty intesnse on the highway for oncoming traffic. I made a trip last night for Canada Day long weekend and some people had the fogs and low beams on at the same time and even though they weren't HID's I felt they were pretty bright. You are dancing the rice line if you go that way, but the price is good. I paid 270 CAD for just my low beams.

Take them both - see, however, if you can't get a 3000K kit on the fogs. ;)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Allen, rest assured it was my first question to my friend, but in their business all sales are either 6K or 8K and they don't stock anything that wouldn't be considered bling.

I'd be in heaven if I could get a 3K kit for the fogs. Some nice yellowish HID down there would look better than double 6K in my opinion.

It looks like I'll do the deal, and install them both. If the H3 set turns out to not be my flavor, I'll take them out and sell them for a song.

:) I'd definitely still say do the deal, anyway, and either sell them out, like you said, or simply bear with them for the time you'd need to save up the few bucks for new 3K bulbs.

You sound like you have a good plan in-mind.

And besides, it's definitely not that *everyone* would complain of reflected glare from such a setup - you might just find that it somehow weirdly suits your eyes.

:) Doooooooeeeet! :)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Archived