LegacyGT.com

Sway bar bushings -- do they wear out?

caramall2

Thanks. I'm just going to pick up some spares (FSB, RSB). I'll also keep in mind about other bushings.

Sounds like if you want a sportier car to stay fairly "tight" up to, say, 120k miles, you can just assume you'll be replacing bushings, struts, etc, at least once or twice. (I'm sure more if you're racing a lot.)

Yes, I'm replacing one of the front bushings tomorrow. But I autox alot too. Only 40k on mine. Also have to replace the lower control arm bushings soon.

Another Rochestarian... What do you auto-x? I haven't seen another LGT yet (though I've only been out to 1 event this year :redface:). I'm going to try to make the MCC event this Sunday, although with my DSM this time.

• 2 years later...
I bought some Energy Suspension poly bushings...what I like is the have a grease fitting so you can just squirt some in there a couple times a year.

Front and rear? Link?

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Energy Suspension Bushings: I'll post more up, but note there is a moderate amount of mods (cutting/trimming the metal) to the brackets you need to do to make them fit for the front sway bar because the factory brackets are smaller and the frame constrains them on at some points. Just got done installing. Took like 2-1/2 hours instead of just 30 minutes. So if you don't want to mess with that, I wouldn't get them. Also, need to check clearance on skid plate (I have an aluminum one).

That said, now that they're installed, it's great...just hook up the grease gun and squirt away. There are groves inside so it actually "holds" some grease in there.

• 1 month later...

Archived