LegacyGT.com

2006 legacy gt limited invoice?

what's it around? need to cut a deal with the dealer and they offered to get one from another location and this was for the 2006 model. They were asking 32.. I said hell no and I knew people who were getting them a little over invoice.. So what did you all pay for your 2006 LGTs?

Hopefully they'll give me the deal I want since they are getting rid of the 2007s. Thanks in advance!

I don't remember the exact number i got mine for, but it was something like 600 over invoice. Where in norcal are you? if you are anyware near the bayarea, give Subaru of Santa Cruz a call and talk to either dan or bruce and see what they can do for you. They are ausome and really easy to work with.

Ben (2014 Outback SAP w/ eyesite, 2014 Tribeca Limited, 2006 LGT limited sedan)

Subaru Ambassador PNW

San Bernardino gave me $500 under invoice for my '06. It had a few options, upgraded security system, chrome trim, autodim homelink mirror, for $25,700 if I recall correctly. This was in April.

what's it around? need to cut a deal with the dealer and they offered to get one from another location and this was for the 2006 model. They were asking 32.. I said hell no and I knew people who were getting them a little over invoice.. So what did you all pay for your 2006 LGTs?

Hopefully they'll give me the deal I want since they are getting rid of the 2007s. Thanks in advance!

$32k is ridiculous. I got mine for exactly invoice price, and also got the $1500 rebate offered, over 8 months ago. I believe the price ended up being about $29100 including California sales tax and license fees.

You should be able to get invoice price at the very least... probably should be able to do even better than that since the 2007s are right around the corner.

phoenix96

2006 Legacy GT Ltd · 2011 Outback 3.6R Ltd · 1992 SVX

2006 Outback 3.0R VDC · 2009 Forester 2.5X

2002 Outback VDC · 1996 Outback 2.5L · 1986 GL-10

while I couldn't get the amazing prices these guys got, I did get mine for $30,200 with a sticker of 33,757. The options it had was: splash guards, all weather mats, homelink mirror, security system, and the Navi system. So 32k is a little much. Are they quoting a spec. b like IWannaSportSedan mentioned? Cuz mine invoiced around 31k. Also what options did that car have?

found what I had paid back in March:

06 Legacy 2.5 GT Sedan:

Brilliant Silver Matallic

Auto 5-speed with sport shift

all weather floor mats

wheel locks

auto-dimming mirror

Rocker Panel trip

spoiler

splash guard set

rear dome/reading light

metal pedal pad kit

center armrest extension

security system shock sensor

guage pack (boost, oil press, oil temp)

Tint all around

all for $29520 (dealier invoice price) + taxes and licensing - incentives

29520 was factory invoice for the west reagon on my car. I even got to see the factory invoice when it came in (not the fancy one, the ugly one) and it was the same (I ended up haveing to order mine from the factory because no one had one in CA when I was ready to buy it). I ended up out the door at about 30,500 with the incentives and taxes. But after 4 months of onwership, I am so happy.

Another advantage to Santa Curz subaru is that they have a free (1 day) rental car for all serverses asside just oil changes, 10% off parts and labor. they call it their customer for life program. There are people that drive from reno and los vagas just for their services here in SC.

Well hope you get something worked out.

Ben (2014 Outback SAP w/ eyesite, 2014 Tribeca Limited, 2006 LGT limited sedan)

Subaru Ambassador PNW

I am wondering if the car they quoted $32k for was a 2006 Spec B. Then it would be about 2-3K under MSRP...

For a regular Legacy GT, that is insane.

I got my Spec B for $30,855 plus tax and tags. Included Spoiler, Auto-dim, security upgrade, armrest extension, all weather mats, cargo nets and whell locks. Oh...and that included absolutely NO incentives.

So yes...$32K for a GT Limited is WAY too much.

Paid $28,700 taxes and license included for my 06 5eat from Subaru of Livermore.

Included:

spoiler

rocker panel trim

splash guards

center armrest extension

auto dimmer compass rear view

security shock sensor

while I couldn't get the amazing prices these guys got, I did get mine for $30,200 with a sticker of 33,757. The options it had was: splash guards, all weather mats, homelink mirror, security system, and the Navi system. So 32k is a little much. Are they quoting a spec. b like IWannaSportSedan mentioned? Cuz mine invoiced around 31k. Also what options did that car have?

You know why you paid so much?

Because you're HONEST in this thread...

I've noticed in EVERY car forum, that EVERYBODY gets their cars at or below invoice... :lol:

"The fish was THIS BIG!!! I SWEAR!!!"

"Insert Signature Here"

What, do we need to start posting scans of the sales receipt?

One big tip is not to walk into the dealer. E-mail the internet sales manager. If you walk in, they naturally will make you pay more than if you go through the internet sales manager electronically.

I negotiated everything over the phone before entering the dealership. Just call like 5 subie dealers in your area and make them bid against each other. That's what I did. $28,700 OTD.

I've noticed in EVERY car forum, that EVERYBODY gets their cars at or below invoice... :lol:

:lol::lol:, and I did do it throught the internet guy. He quoted something along the lines of what most people here were saying, I think like 27k but it didn't have everything I wanted. But it's all good I got it at about invoice so I'm happy.

:icon_bigg

:icon_conf

Well sometimes those stories are true. I got my car through the internet sales guy and he offered the real invoice price (confirmed by Edmunds).

phoenix96

2006 Legacy GT Ltd · 2011 Outback 3.6R Ltd · 1992 SVX

2006 Outback 3.0R VDC · 2009 Forester 2.5X

2002 Outback VDC · 1996 Outback 2.5L · 1986 GL-10

been doing some subaru hunting and got a dealer to quote me over the internet a price of an 06 LGT for

$26,402

:dunno: kind of looking to spend around the neighborhood of 22k.. so I was thinking if I could find a leftover 05 that'd be right up my ally?

edit: this is probably with not all the options i want, btw. (on the 06 quote)

:lol: well if you don't want to belive me and pay more for your LGT...all the more power to you. I'm trying to help the dude out by letting him know how much I paid for mine w/ what option.

Have you considered that maybe everyone in car forums gets their cars at or below invoice becasue once bunch of people say that's what they got it for, the ones that paid more are too embarassed to say they paid more?

Honestly, I got a good deal when you look at what the car cost MSRP. BUT I didn't get a particulary good deal when I compare myself to other people on this forum. I got pretty much the same deal most people got.

And I did almost no haggling. So, I beleive that Price point of my purchase was pretty close to what Dealer can & wanted to sell the car for. Also, I got mine in April and I'm sure I got much better deal than people who got them in the fall when 06's were new. But that doesn't mean I'm a better deal maker, it's a matter of timing.

I just got my 06 LGT 5MT one week ago...paid $28,... out the door. Had few options on it already, homelink/auto dim, splash guard, rear spoiler, upgraded security...with 27 miles on the odo. Purchased in PA. But before everything I think the guy said was about 27,000, thats before the $1500 rebate.

Archived