LegacyGT.com

2007 LGT in WRB?

DAC17

The 2007 Legacy GT should be available in Obsidian Black, Diamond Gray, Brilliant Silver, Satin White, Regal Blue, and Newport Blue. I haven't seen the pictures in Subiesport but maybe they were showing Newport Blue.

phoenix96

2006 Legacy GT Ltd · 2011 Outback 3.6R Ltd · 1992 SVX

2006 Outback 3.0R VDC · 2009 Forester 2.5X

2002 Outback VDC · 1996 Outback 2.5L · 1986 GL-10

AWWWWW, man!!

If Newport blue looks that close to WRB... I am going to get upset all over again. I thought the JDM pics of Newport were good, but if it looks better, the choice is even harder.

I was all ready to give up on new Legacys, and get a used one, and save some money, for some nice mods...

Now if Newport Blue looks like WRB, AND has the fold down seats, AND the input for my iPod... It is going to be hard to choose.

If only it were to come with a charcoal interior... DAMN! One little thing! I am going to have to see if I can find that issue of Subiesport...

Like I said, I haven't seen the pictures in Subiesport so that might not be right. The pictures I've seen have made Newport Blue look a little lighter and a bit more 'green' than WRB.

phoenix96

2006 Legacy GT Ltd · 2011 Outback 3.6R Ltd · 1992 SVX

2006 Outback 3.0R VDC · 2009 Forester 2.5X

2002 Outback VDC · 1996 Outback 2.5L · 1986 GL-10

I just read the review over at Paul Hansen's site, with a lot of his pictures...

Damn that color looks good.

I don't want to budge on my charcoal interior mandate, but damn.

If subaru would offer the 07 Spec B with that color blue, and sans nav for $32k... I would be scraping together a deposit as we speak.

Like I said, I haven't seen the pictures in Subiesport so that might not be right. The pictures I've seen have made Newport Blue look a little lighter and a bit more 'green' than WRB.

Having driving one of the new blue Legacy models, I'd agree to this description. Still, looks great in person. I wonder how long before someone posts up a chop of Newport with gold wheels. :)

Ryan Douthit

Subiesport Magazine

SUBIESPORT: The Independent Subaru Magazine

I just read the review over at Paul Hansen's site, with a lot of his pictures...

Damn that color looks good.

I don't want to budge on my charcoal interior mandate, but damn.

If subaru would offer the 07 Spec B with that color blue, and sans nav for $32k... I would be scraping together a deposit as we speak.

Awww, comeon, man, the black & tan interior is teh h0tn3ss.

I think it looks great!

But seriously, finding a used 05 wagon with the MT is definately worth it if that's your thing.

From Paul Hansen's recent review: Sevenphotos - 2007 Subaru Legacy

The photo credits are also his.

Granted, these are JDM pictures. The JDM and European markets (Cheam's website shows this) call it Newport Blue Pearl, so it should be very close to USDM Newport Blue Pearl. We will not be getting the revised front and rear lighting in the US for 07. It will likely be the same lights and bumper covers that the 06 has, and a variation of the six-spoke wheels.

http://www.sevenphotos.com/images/stories/07_leg_small/_L2Y6516.jpghttp://www.sevenphotos.com/images/stories/07_leg_small/_L2Y6525.jpghttp://www.sevenphotos.com/images/stories/07_leg_small/_L2Y6540.jpghttp://www.sevenphotos.com/images/stories/07_leg_small/_L2Y6539.jpghttp://www.sevenphotos.com/images/stories/07_leg_small/_L2Y6537.jpg

Here is a contrasting photo of WRB on AVO's Forester STI, also from Paul's review of that model:

http://www.sevenphotos.com/images/stories/0606_avosg9/avo_for_005.jpg

As much as I love WRB... I am really enthused about Newport Blue Pearl, especially with the dark tinted windows. HAWT. I am extremely dissappointed that it won't be paired with charcoal black interior... but I am seriously considering buying it anyway, and either dealing with the Taupe, or saving money to change the interior color back to charcoal, or even the 07 Charcoal and blue ultrasuede/escaine/alcantara interior and memory seats... Money, money...

Closer than Regal blue, and richer than Atlantic blue, although, you are right, clearly not the same color. It is just what I have been asking for for about 2 years, a blue color that pops a bit more than either of those. WRB would have worked for that, and WRB legacys look hawt. But this color works very well, too.

Too bad SOA canned Garnet Red instead of updating it like newport has updated the blues, which I have also advocated.

Besides the new blue paint, the fold down rear seats, and the ipod input I and many others have been asking for, the JDM model also has a telescoping steering wheel, and paddle shifters for the 5EAT...

The only thing glaringly missing is the Spec B-only memory seats... which are available on the GT in Japan; a wagon similar to this at a Tokyo dealership, has shown pictures that it has the memory buttons. Someone posted the thread in this forum a couple weeks ago...

And color choice. This pictured NBP wagon does have a charcoal leather interior. and the combo looks amazing. USDM will only get the taupe leather on the GTs painted NBP.

If 08 USDM cars come with all of the above, and interior color choice and the memory seats available on the GT... it might be really close to spot-on.

Too bad I can't wait that long. I have already waited longer than I wanted to. I may have to just ignore the telescoping wheel that might be coming, and resign myself to the taupe interior for 07, if I want a car painted this color.

Archived