LegacyGT.com

???? view first unread post not working???

here's what happens :

I log in, and click on "new posts" scroll down until I find an interesting thread. I make a post in that thread, then click on "new posts" again. I used to see the thread that I had just posted in at the top of the list, now it's completely disappeared. If someone else posts in the same thread after me then it comes back.

:iam:

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
here's what happens :

I log in, and click on "new posts" scroll down until I find an interesting thread. I make a post in that thread, then click on "new posts" again. I used to see the thread that I had just posted in at the top of the list, now it's completely disappeared. If someone else posts in the same thread after me then it comes back.

Same problem here. I posted a new thread in "other cars vs. Subaru Legacy" forum and after I submitted it....it dissapeared. It wouldn't show up under "new posts". It didn't even show up once I clicked "user cp".

- The Mortgage Man

here's what happens :

:whore:

________________________________________________ [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1980"]'05 BSM OBXT Row-your-own, W.I.P. :rolleyes:[/URL] [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1242"]'06 Shrek B # 64 - The car the wife loved to hate :( Sold...[/URL]

Right, I understand the way it is working is different in the points you make there, but the way it was working wasn't correct and it wasn't consistent.

If you just read the thread and posted in it, you read it, why should it show up under new posts? I'm not sure why you need it to show up there, either, it's not a new post to you - just to others. It's not lost either, if you posted in it you subscribed to it and its listed under subscribed threads, when it gets a new post, it will show up again under new posts.

If you just read the thread and posted in it, you read it, why should it show up under new posts? I'm not sure why you need it to show up there, either, it's not a new post to you - just to others.
Am I the only psycho on here that re-reads every new post I put up?

I dunno man...I guess we just like bumping our own posts to the top...it gives us reassurance that someone else didn't post in it and we missed it since I rarely subscribe anymore.

I saw this thread days ago, but didn't read it until today when I noticed the board was acting differently. If this is how it will be, that's ok, but I got a bit confused. I admit, I like the old "way" better, but I'm sure I can get used to either method... I just won't reread my posts as often. :icon_mrgr

[CENTER][URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18504"]Subaru Plug & Play Aux-in Mod[/URL][/CENTER] [CENTER][URL="http://www.jazzyengineering.com"]www.jazzyengineering.com[/URL][/CENTER]

"Quick Links" -> "Subscribed Threads" is the fastest way to see your posts. Also, you can set in the UserCP -> Options now for it to mark unread threads like the old way if you are overwhelmed with new threads all the time.

After posting you can always hit the "Back" button in the upper left hand corner of your browser then hit the refesh button. ;) It's the quickest two clicks you can have! :D
Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

• 2 weeks later...
It just seemed like a more seamless process before. I think people like to see their post to make sure that it is how it was supposed to be (e.g. spelling, or sometimes need to edit the post). Yes I understand preview, and yes one can go into their subscribed threads, but I for one liked the old way better. If you are changing it permanently, I will learn to live with it.

well said. bosco

Stay Stock Stay Happy

Archived