LegacyGT.com

How much will I expet to pay in So.CAL ? 2005 GT Limited

advan

From reading other SoCal poster's comments here on Legacy GT.com, you're looking at invoice or just slightly above invoice. For Pomona/Covina area, you're within reach of: Exclusively Subaru in Ontario, 909-605-5810 Sierra Subaru in Monrovia, 626-359-8291 Renick Subaru in Fullerton, 714-871-9300 (an authorized SPT dealer) Subaru of Riverside, 909-785-6070 Subaru of San Bernardino, 909-888-8686 South Coast Subaru in Costa Mesa, 714-689-2103 Timmons Subaru in Long Beach, 562-595-4601 (an authorized SPT dealer) Irvine Subaru, 949-837-3500 (an authorized SPT dealer) Big Valley Subaru in Van Nuys, 818-787-0800 Santa Monica Subaru, 310-393-9881 Lancaster Subaru, 661-949-3535 and Norm Reeves Subaru in Temecula, 909-699-3331 All of these are within 50 miles of Pomona and I'd recommend checking out [url]www.Subaru.com[/url], and doing a dealer search for the email address for each of the dealerships. Email the internet manager and ask for their best price on the car you're looking for. To get a faster response, recommend you indicate your purchase timeframe, e.g., end of the month, six weeks, six months, whatever it is. HTH SBT
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Subietonic, I just ordered my Leg GT/Ltd from Exclusively Subaru in Ontario at the intersection of the 15 and 10 FWY. Debbie there has been selling Subaru for years and knows her product plus process. I bought at dealer invoice and the included all add ons at dealer invoice. I had a VIP certificate from Subaru, but I bet you could get same deal without it. I also know that Irvine Subaru and Renick in Fullerton are very good dealers. Irvine is probably the top dealer in OC. Stay away from Sierra Subaru in Monrovia unless they have the car you want on the lot. They are not a serious Subaru dealer. Sierra is only 5 miles from my home and they said there volume with Subaru does not make it possible for them to order a car. Salesperson, Christine at Sierra was very nice and I felt sorry for her for not being able to take an order from a cash customer. Exclusively Subaru in Ontario love their product and work well with Suby order system. Good luck, let us know how you do

Very good posts guys. I just wanted to add something to Subietonic's post. He said to ask for their best price. When I haggled around just for fun, I told them MY offer. Don't play their game, let them play YOUR game. It's much more fun :). Most people on this site got their cars for about ~$500 above invoice. So tell them and lie if you have to and say you found the one you want from a different dealer at that price but you'd rather go to so-and-so dealer. Or you can think of your own thing. But instead of asking for their price, tell them your price. They'll obviously try to mark up the price. I got within $500 of invoice within my first set of emails. Then my dad said no Subaru yet! So no Subaru :(.
-ben

Thanks for an very informative reply. I'm embarassed to ask, but what exactly is this VIP system I've been hearing about. Also what is an (an authorized SPT dealer) ? These prices are $500.00 over invoice + tax license or is it OTD ? If anyone has any referals, please let me know as I'll start from there. I'll be looking for a blk/blk Legacy limited. Thanks again.

Go to Thousand Oaks Subaru! I bought mine down here in San Diego at Bob Baker. Thousand Oaks offered me invoice back in July, but I would have had to have it either sent down on a flatbed or driven it down myself (don't want someone else delivering MY new car). They seem to have great service and an awesome inventory. Check them out on Subaru.com. Good luck! :)

Advan, If you go to Exclusively in Ontario, it is important to deal with Debbie, fleet mgr. Debbie and lady at Irvine Subaru(daughter of dealer owner) sell more Subys than anyone in SoCal over the years and are very connnected inside Subaru. Both dealers are very good, do enough volume to get allocation priority. This time of year, Suby favors eastern half of country with car allocations because of winter conditions, so Calif. tends to wait a little longer for ordered cars. Good luck, let us know what happens,

I didn't know about Debbie test driving sti's, but I do know she trains horses and dogs and set my appointment to buy a car for the afternoon, so she could receive a load of hay in the morning. Some people just know how to keep there priorities straight. I do know that she has been a top producer for Subaru for so many years that they have her meet with there advert folks and she attends all Subaru mktg meeting/new product intros at Pikes Peak Colorado. I think she likes her dogs, horses, Subaru and job.

I got mine from San Bernadino Subaru. Details on my deal are here: [url]http://www.legacygt.com/viewtopic.php?t=2997[/url] The Cliff Notes version is that I got my LGT Limited for about $600 below invoice. Give Carl Huston there a call. (909) 888-8686 ext.307. Very professional and no b.s. whatsoever. They had the car I wanted in stock, so I don't know about their ordering policies. It's a bonus that they are pretty close to you. I drove from Valencia, which is over an hour away. I would also recommend Thousand Oaks Mazda/Subaru. I bought my GF's Mazda6 there and was very satisfied with the service and pricing. However, when I was thinking about purchasing my LGT, I told the salesman exactly what I wanted and he said that he would call me back when one came in. Never called, so he didn't get my business.

• 3 weeks later...
I just talked to a friend who wants a LGT wagon and he went down to Irvine Subaru, where they quoted him $800 over invoice. He knew about the deal I got and politely said no. If you are considering purchasing, I'd heartily recommend Carl Huston at Subaru of San Bernadino. The $600 UNDER invoice that paid more than makes up for the hour drive I had to make to get there. Fastgascar, even though they are just about the farthest dealer from our neck of the woods in the Southland, it's worth the drive to save some $$$. I'm not sure that you'll get the same deal I got, but even if they only sell it to you at invoice, that's a good deal.

Thanks for the heads up with San Bernardino, but I went ahead an got mine from Santa Monica I picked it up tuesday afternoon, I got it for $400 over invoice, they had to trade it, since the unit I wanted was only @ one other place locally. However if I had taken the unit off of the lot I would have got it for -$200 off of invoice and since it was part of the first allocation. [quote name='Boostjunkie']I just talked to a friend who wants a LGT wagon and he went down to Irvine Subaru, where they quoted him $800 over invoice. He knew about the deal I got and politely said no. If you are considering purchasing, I'd heartily recommend Carl Huston at Subaru of San Bernadino. The $600 UNDER invoice that paid more than makes up for the hour drive I had to make to get there. Fastgascar, even though they are just about the farthest dealer from our neck of the woods in the Southland, it's worth the drive to save some $$$. I'm not sure that you'll get the same deal I got, but even if they only sell it to you at invoice, that's a good deal.[/quote]

is joining the imba really worth doing? i mean it sounds like a deal, but is there any timelimit or anything? why wouldn't everyone send $25 their way so they can save a few thousand on a subaru. i'm getting a lot of calls on my vehicle for sale, so i'll probably be getting into an lgt very soon, .. i'm just not sure where to go or which method i should use cause there is so much advice in these forums! ... i guess that is a better position to be in than bending over and paying msrp.

• 2 weeks later...
Do you guys have any trade ins, Subaru sent me a letter regarding my WRX with a guaranteed trade in value, I'm thinking of getting a white gt wagon limited. The 2 dealers that I have talked to is giving me $500 over invoice, I'll try San Bernardino Subaru if they will also give me the deal that some of you guys got below invoice.

Archived