LegacyGT.com

Ode to your Legacy

I thought there was a thread about this, but the Search function would not show me the way. If there is in fact another thread then I am sure someone will referr me to it.

I kind of have and idea that I am working on and would like some input from everyone here. The concept is quite simple: What do you like/love about your Legacy? Write something or make a list of what makes you appreciate your Legacy. Also when you do that, what do you like about your legacy that you couldnt find in any other cars?

Just a couple of things that come to my mind.

+Great exterior- one of the most attractive Subarus ever, and one of the more attractive family sedans

+Great Interior- Subaru really took a big leap forward here- I love the layout, the lighting, the features (dual-zone, 6-disc in dash)

+Just starting the car- I never, ever get sick of seeing that light show before I shove off. Makes the car feel special, and again, some sportiness in a family sedan.

+Size- not as small as a WRX, not as big as an Altima- the Legacy is the perfect size for carrying adults in back for short periods of time, and the car doesnt feel ungainly.

+The low cowl!- I had a 1988 Legend before this and I never thought I would get another car with such a low cowl height- a fear heightened by driving an Acura TSX and Accord. The Legacy has such a low cowl though, the visibility is amazing and gives you a real commanding sense of the road.

I dont want to say all the good things myself, so I will save some for other people to chime in about. :icon_bigg

Compared to my old Grand Prix, I love my LGT for it's interior made of pieces not from Mattel or Hasbro, not being front wheel drive, and the fact that it can actually take a turn :icon_tong

For me, coming from a modded Grand Prix (325 WHP) - it has to beak lack of tire squeal, and the availability of a stick shift!

I mean, that huge - a stick shift in a sub 30 sporty car?!?! What an idea! seems like all new ones are just on econoboxes...

Also, as for moving, the fact that I "go" and not "spin" is also great.

Dont forget... Iowa countryside = AWD = total pwnage.

I'm pleasantly surprised... It was most certainly worth the couple bucks and 10 mins of my time.

CLICK HERE FOR THE HOGZAUST

Yeah well it was raining here like crazy yesterday and i had to go out and pick up a friend. So i am moving along and water is bulding up on the roads and i hit my first major puddle ( or small lake depending on how you look at it) and hydroplane a little bit. I am amazed how my car just kept going like there was no water at all. Now i have a Camaro so i dont normally like lots of wate ron the roads. So after the first puddle im like i have to do it again. So i start to go out and FIND puddles to hit and see whats happens. Every time the scooby kept true and acted like it was no big deal. I love the AWD system. I love the boxer engine and tubro. I love the rims and my red paint with black tints. I just love the car

:dm: 2007 DGM LGT :dm:

:icon_twis 2003 Suzuki SV650S :icon_twis

Being able to accelate from a stop on an outside merge lane around a slower car in the rain and having bro say he couldn't do it in his FWD car.

Being able to stuff a twin bed with liftgate closed.

Being able to run in a rallycross stock without worrying about ripping something off the undercarriage/front lip thanks to decent stock ground clearance.

Getting an average of 26-27 mpg coming out of the mountains with cross bars and a/c on at 75 mph.

Cheap aftermarket, labor rates and simpler to work on versus European competition that I was looking at.

Being able to blow away most ricers from a light, but not causing ricers to rev at me at lights.

Reasonable insurance.

Getting a AWD/turbo/wagon with 5MT (boo to Subaru for changing this)

Iowa Countryside +AWD = total pwnage....

I'll have to remember that.

I just hope that iowa Countryside + turbo boxer + Manual trans != Speeding ticket.

LEOs around here are hungry.

haha, yah, i heard about your 2 tickets. Got mine in Nov, and fly all around town, and no tickets yet. Just get a silver, or blue one. In my RBP, cops don't eve look twice, even if I'm 10+....

Just remember this simple equation:

Red = the noes

Black = the noes

the noes = teh cops

teh cops = the tickets

the 3 tickets in 1 year = the lose your license!!!!

I'm pleasantly surprised... It was most certainly worth the couple bucks and 10 mins of my time.

CLICK HERE FOR THE HOGZAUST

Ok Ill tell a funny story. Ode to the Impreza RS. It was raining alot much like today and I was backing over a gravel bridge at work. The right side gave out and the RS's nose was sticking straigt up into the air and the rear was in the creek. My boss came over and asked me if I wanted have her husband pull me out with his Dakota. I said, "nope, I gots AWD." I put in first and floored right outta there with no damage and a huge grinn. Her response, "my 4matic could never do that."

This one takes a little background. There are no interstates that run to the Oregon coast. Just two-laners. In the coast range there are periodically passing lanes for the uphill direction. However, the stupid rusting pickup that you have been following at 35 mph in a 55 zone for the last 10 miles decides to go 70 during the passing lane. My wife got a ticket several years ago passing one on the third try in her old Civic. This weekend, she was driving the OBXT on the way home from the beach, and she was just grinning. Passing these POSs is so quick and easy. They don't even get a chance - downshift, left, pause, right. You're past them before they even get a chance to make it a race.

So big props to the XT for making my (very non-aggresive driver) wife smile.

Ich bin echt viel netter, wenn ich nuechtern bin. Echt!

Archived