LegacyGT.com

Broken into!

Im getting a SF L2 with a TAD gear TIC, also ordered a Strider SMF, which I have been saving for a while to get. Those will my EDC, along with a knife for utility, prolly a Kershaw baby boa. Right now I carry a Kerambit... which is beat.

Didnt trigger your alarm. A jolt such as breaking a window or even opening the glove compartment in my '99 jiggles the shock sensors. The alarm on this car is the loudest I have ever heard.

I wonder if he has that... in 2005 the shock sensor was an option...i think it's still optional

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

N -

You're my kind of guy. :)

Which make Karambit?

Me (for the past 2 years) = Pimped/customized Emerson folding Karambit, reverse-draw, on my weak side front pocket.

You'll *love* the SMF. The L2 w/TIC should be a great piece, too! :D

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Ok... I think that had something to do with knives and flashlights... but other than that, I don't think you guys were speaking english.

care to read your note in front of the class? :lol:

^ :lol:

Just sharin' some lovin' between two like-minded brothers.

:)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

Yeah, it sounds like these "two like-minded brothers" are packin' folding knives and flashlights, ready to stop thieves. Hope the bad guys don't have guns..... :lol::lol::lol:

Not going to get in to the knive-vs-gun debate. :)

I'm too fat to "stop" anybody....I just like being a mall-ninja! :D

Ok... I think that had something to do with knives and flashlights... but other than that, I don't think you guys were speaking english.

care to read your note in front of the class? :lol:

:whore: I heard something about a mag light and knife.

Nsaglibene - I too am very sorry, and I feel your pain & need for Vengance! Screwing with a persons car is almost as bad as a home invasion or rape! Just make sure that you do NOT leave any witnesses! :icon_wink

"You poke it, You own it" - Man law supporter

I think the penaltys for horse theivery and such should be re-instituted for cars.

Aside from a man's home and family, one also never messed with another man's horse. Above all, they were a living breating animal, that was to be respected, and not abused.

They were expensive to buy, raise, feed, and care for. They were relied upon, and were something that held intrinsic value and utility for their owner. To destroy or damage that was a big crime, and often left the victim in a very serious situation of not being able to do things that needed to be done, related to occupation or standard of living.

That sounds an awful lot like a car, except for the living and breathing animal part.

The penalty for stealing or killing a man's horse was very severe, in some cases, hanging.

Sounds about right, to me.

ALWAYS bring a knife to a gunfight, just remember your gun too. Knife fighters are just people who ran out of bullets, or are in a closer range.

Dont get me wrong, guns are part of my arsenal too.

I can't wait to get my goodies, never even seen a strider in person, but I couldent keep my self from splurging on it anymore. I prolly won't have to buy another folder unless I want to (which I will :lol: ). Im also looking for a new small utility blade, I was thinking the kershaw Baby Boa, or maybe the regular Boa. Any reccomendations? Also do you have any like martial arts or tactical experience or background? Im into some Filipino martial arts that's where I get this from.

As for my kerambit its a knockoff I bought in San Fran. Chinatown. A "Ram", its really an emerson knock off, they even knocked off the wave feature, but the located the clip in the wrong spot to make the wave feature actually work, so I had to relocate it myself. Its not a bad knockoff tho, Ive been using it daily since february in my side job at a warehouse. Kerambits make such good utility blades, you can just keep ur finger in the ring as you still use that hand to do other stuff. Crazy actually understanding the day to day uses... as originated in Indonesia. Im also looking at maybee an emerson blade as a spare but kinda expensive... iuno. Maybe another kerambit of decent quality, but Im not sure.

And I didnt even know about the alarm sensitivity... I read all the manuals? Wtf, where is thsi info?

I shoot IPSC with some pretty big guys. Just because you are fat doesn't mean you can't haul ass for short distances.

^ For short distances, I think that as rusty as I am (I haven't actively practiced my martial art in over 10 years), I'm still somewhere in the range of Samo Hung. ;) OK, probably not quite his lev....ah, forget it, I'm nowhere near his level. :lol:

I'm working on my JDM-ninja powers (ironic, as I'm Chinese) of teleportation.....

----

N - Yes, some martial arts from way, way back in my much-slimmer and more flexible days. Shuai-Chiao, studied under Grandmaster Lin for a while and did somehow, despite my clumsy body, manage to earn a black-belt. :icon_cool Unfortunately, I was unable to continue my studies in college, as I went to an out-of-state school that was so out-of-state that it made a commute pretty much impossible without Bloomberg's helicopter budget!

No formal knife-art, though. :( It's something that I hope to study one day. Perhaps when little Anna gets bigger and I can apprentice her, I'll again start my martial pursuits, too. I do miss the mental tranquility and physical exhaustion it brings, not to mention the much thinner waistline.

Unfortunately, I'm the wrong guy to ask about small folders. :redface: I favor the larger ones ( and with Ohio's decent laws, I do get my full 4-inches worth :) ) - my "utility" blade, which I tend to carry if I know I'm gonna be working either around the house or on the car, is a Benchmade 722. It's Axis-lock makes me feel ultra-safe about prying/off-axis loads, and that Tanto blade, while something that's not what I typically value either via my typical usage (for which a fat "belly" fits the bill a lot better) nor aesthetics (I go all gooey for a good recurve), I've found to be very useful in actual "hard use" situations (much the same reason why I keep my Strider BT in the trunk). Unfortunately, I can't give you much guidance in this respect, my friend.

And furthermore, with the Boa, well, that strikes on my weak spot for recurves - and I had one in my collection at one point. Loved it. It's opening action is quite addictive.

I have total faith that you'll absolutely *LOVE* that SMF (especially once you've built-up your "Strider Thumb") - however, I fear that it may be your "portal drug" to yet another money-draining hobby! :lol:

----

* As a side-note, I very much impressed a couple of members of a local township's LEOs with a small demonstration of how fast I could access, open, and make-ready my Waved HMMV-K. They then expressed serious concern that they were not trained to handle this kind of threat - for which I was honestly surprised. I did point them in the right direction to seek such training, and I sincerely hope that thereafter, they were able to convince their departmental superiors to at least look into such prospects.

I know that many of the larger cities/towns do incorporate such training into their routines, but it surprised me that it's not more standardized across-the-board.

Thanks a lot for the info.

If your interested in a knife art down the road, check out the following links. After experienceing these systems I woulden't reccomend anything else very practical and realistic training. Im practice both these systems and reccomend checking them out if your haven't heared of them:

http://www.sayoc.com

http://www.atienzakali.com

^^ Ahhh.... Fleshlight luv....:wub: ^^

Fixored. (Google it.)

There's nothing wrong with taking a knife to a gun fight as long as the fight is within 21 feet.

Just don't take your flashlight to a knife fight.

It is still ugly.

There's nothing wrong with bringing your flashlight to a knife fight as long as its a sure fire. Most surefires are 65 or more lumens, which means it causes temporary vision loss for a few minutes. Also a lot of them have striking bezels which are very valuable for saving your hands. Knuckles and hands are not a durable as you may think and its not ideal to punch when in a real fight.

The surefire I ordered 100 Lumens, with the optional striking bezel:

http://www.tadgear.com/x-treme%20gear/flashlights%20main/surefire_l2_digital_lumamax.htm

Everyone should have at least one good knife and a good light on them at all times.

^ :lol: And to think, I also have a pretty much non-existent gag-reflex! I'm gonna hoard cigarettes! :lol: :lol:

-----

pillboy, like brother Nsaglibene cited, there's nothing wrong with bringing along a good flashlight to any tactical engagement. SureFire and many other top-flight tactical instructors have been or are now actively incorporating the use of tactical flashlights into their martial training. Some of these high-powered flashlights can really dazzle and even temporarily night-blind the attacker, and can truly either turn the fight, or help the knowledgeable user outright maximize his/her combative efficiency. Combining a good flashlight and a good "pocket knife" for night-time self-defense is a proven and very effective combo. :)

And heck, even a huge M*glite is good to use as a baton!

[sound]Homer Simpson[/sound] "Whacking stick....."

:lol:

-----

N - Thanks a bunch for those links - Kali is something that I'm definitely looking into pursuing when my "hobby time" opens up more as Anna continues to mature. The other problem I've had in the past was with schools in my area. In 2003, when I first looked into receiving such instruction, the only Philippino martial-arts instructors were several townships over and demanded a long commute during my med-school years, which made it pretty much impossible.

Hopefully, as these arts continue to gain popularity, the suburbs closer to where we're located will eventually see a school in the next couple of years. :)

Thanks again for the links!

^ Thanks, bruddah! :)

And hey, be sure to post a pic or two of your new toys from TAD Gear. :D

Archived