LegacyGT.com

Review- Techna SS line and Bobcat Carbotech pads

scgtam

After letting my race car driver friend drove my Legacy gt on the track, my brake pad were almost completely gone and the feeling of the brake pedal were so mushy and soft. I decide to change it asap for safety.

Got the Techna SS line and Bobcat Carbotech from brakeswap.com. Great customer services, fast respone and shipping. Of course, great deal for fellow LGT.com member.

Install it at Hayward gruppe-s on monday. Drove it back at 7 pm.

You won't feel any difference between the stock if you are just doing regular gentle driving. But whenever you brake just a little bit harder, all 4 tires scream and abs kick in. The stopping power is just great! No brake noise so far. I am loving it and would recommed to anyone who once in a while going down to track just like me.

This is the first time I post some review at a forum. If anything wrong please understand. Thanks!

I'm about to order basically the same kit. Any opinons on the Carbotech's vs. Hawk pads? This will be for street driving. Were there any fit problems with the lines? Thanks.

No fitment issues w/ lines.

Hawk is not out yet.... now Im hearing a few more weeks. Bobcats in stock and June specials still going on.... thanks!

Free Sonax Cleaner Deal

http://www.brakeswap.com

Carbotech, Hawk, PFC, DBA Rotors, Motul, Wilwood, Castrol...

Great service. No bumping required :icon_tong!

I got the same stuff from brakeswap. Eric was great. The difference is noticibly better.
"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

Thanks Eric. Any big downside to just ordering the front pads and leaving the rear stock?

Not really. The rear pads are TINY. The difference in feel would be minor.

If you want just the front pads and nothing else, use coupon code ct-ship during checkout for Free Shipping.

Lemme know if I can help. Thanks!

Free Sonax Cleaner Deal

I have the same lines with pads F and R. Felt like it cut the pedal travel in half and firmed it up substantially. Maybe there was some air in the lines or something, but the car had about 2500 miles on a stock brake system at the time (so it shouldn't have). I bedded the pads, which may make some difference. The "bite" is much greater than the stockers in my case, whether driving casually or otherwise. The only noise so far has been when releasing the brakes slowly when sitting under load, like on a downhill. You get a little groan as the sticky pad is released. Dusting seems to be about the same as stock. No idea on pad or rotor wear over time.

The stock setup was certainly capable of engaging the ABS, but the short, firm pedal and the biting pads sure seem like they would get you a quicker reaction for emergency braking.

Eric, I'm going to order ss lines, front pads and fluid (probably ATE). How much fluid is needed for a full bleed after the line swap?

Hey there,

Id recommend the Prospeed fluid. You'll need about 2 bottles (500mL ea).

Email me at info@liteswap.com and I'll work out a deal for you since we are running a special on the combo right now.

Free Sonax Cleaner Deal

Archived