LegacyGT.com

Is the dealer joy riding in my car?

Acil

I recently brought my Legacy in for its second service. The first time I brought it in, I noticed that they had incremented a few miles... around 10. So this time I reset the trip meter and wrote down the milage. When I picked my car up, it had 8.3 miles on the trip meter, and I found directions to a place about 3-4 miles away sitting in the passanger seat. The block that the directions pointed to has a auto shop in it. This brings up my second concern. When I got my first oil change, the sticker that was put on my window read "Genuine Honda Parts."

So I'm worried that either my dealer is joy riding in my car, or taking it somewhere else to get the oil changed. Any thoughts? Do they put miles on your car when you bring it in for a service?

SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0;

0 rows returned

I would brin gthat all up to the manager of the service department. I'm sorry ad maybe I am just an asshole but if something like that happend i would have been bitching right away. If that doesn't do any good then place a video camera somewhere hidden that will get a good view of whats going on.

I would personaly go in and talk to the manager and state how angry you feel (go a little overboard). Depending on their reaction then just say thank you have a good day and leave then contact SOA about the dealer and do research of service pdepartments in your area and go to them. Most dealerships are cool with people comming in for service that did not buy the car there, if you are happy with the car and they make you feel like you can trust them then odds are your next car will be of their lot.

I will dever go back to my dealer again, they were horable for service. It took 3 HOURS for an OIL CHANGE WTF? I did get it for free cause I bitched and cought an attitude with the owner and said your shop calls me up to tell me they will give me a free oilchange if I give you a positive responce to a survey about you from SOA you must really suck to have to bribe your coustomers to give you good feedback. Never went back again. BTW that was Milea Subaru in the Bronx on Treamont Ave. the salse people were cool but service was shit. BTW when I got into it with the manager there were a few coustomers in the waiting area.

Rember you have the dealer by the balls not the other way around, its your money not to mention that if this is happening to you you are probably not the only one. So If any of you want to post a thread like this please include the dealer name an location, get other irate coustomers and write to SOA

I recently brought my Legacy in for its second service. The first time I brought it in, I noticed that they had incremented a few miles... around 10. So this time I reset the trip meter and wrote down the milage. When I picked my car up, it had 8.3 miles on the trip meter, and I found directions to a place about 3-4 miles away sitting in the passanger seat. The block that the directions pointed to has a auto shop in it. This brings up my second concern. When I got my first oil change, the sticker that was put on my window read "Genuine Honda Parts."

So I'm worried that either my dealer is joy riding in my car, or taking it somewhere else to get the oil changed. Any thoughts? Do they put miles on your car when you bring it in for a service?

I don't get it? Did you bring your car into their service station and not the sales room? Does the dealer also sell Hondas? It's not uncommon for dealerships to service more than one brand of cars in their service station.

Especially since they're dumb enough to not realized that it was reset to 0. Give them a holler and never go back there again. Maybe lodge a complaint with SoA as well.

Just switch dealers....I have a dealer within 10 minutes of my house....another within 35 min.....I go to one that is 45 min away just for good customer service a mod friendly dealer:)
Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

Rember you have the dealer by the balls not the other way around, its your money not to mention that if this is happening to you you are probably not the only one. So If any of you want to post a thread like this please include the dealer name an location, get other irate coustomers and write to SOA

lol, maybe we should start a thread about bad dealers and their service departments. Maybe even get it stickied too so other people know what places to avoid for service or where not to get ripped off.:spin:

Most dealers take cars for a short test drive when they are in for any type of service (even an oil change)...but 8 miles is a little much...most would normally be a mile or less...unless you were asking them to check something that only accurs when driving...

I would brin gthat all up to the manager of the service department. I'm sorry ad maybe I am just an asshole but if something like that happend i would have been bitching right away. If that doesn't do any good then place a video camera somewhere hidden that will get a good view of whats going on.

I would personaly go in and talk to the manager and state how angry you feel (go a little overboard). Depending on their reaction then just say thank you have a good day and leave then contact SOA about the dealer and do research of service pdepartments in your area and go to them. Most dealerships are cool with people comming in for service that did not buy the car there, if you are happy with the car and they make you feel like you can trust them then odds are your next car will be of their lot.

I will dever go back to my dealer again, they were horable for service. It took 3 HOURS for an OIL CHANGE WTF? I did get it for free cause I bitched and cought an attitude with the owner and said your shop calls me up to tell me they will give me a free oilchange if I give you a positive responce to a survey about you from SOA you must really suck to have to bribe your coustomers to give you good feedback. Never went back again. BTW that was Milea Subaru in the Bronx on Treamont Ave. the salse people were cool but service was shit. BTW when I got into it with the manager there were a few coustomers in the waiting area.

stop posting drunk :lol:

Seriously, I've wondered the same thing sometimes. I think these dealers are almost all crooks & I don't doubt that they drive the car around. In this case I would confront them, calmly, & ask questions about that sticker & the extra miles like you're an idiot & you don't know. Try to trap them into saying something stupid & giving something away. I'm a firm believer in "you catch more flys with honey". If you go in accusing them they'll get defensive & you'll get nowhere

"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

Guest *Jedimaster*
I dont drink :lol: but i think i was indulging in other things that time :lol: yeah I probably was :lol:

You and me both, brother :D

live-no-more?

Yeah, Livermore Subaru. I'm not extreamly impressed with the sales or the service so far, they both seem "ghetto". The only exception is Mike Waller, he's been my advocate to the rest of the dealership, even after he made the sale.

Thanks for the advice. I was just gaugeing whether or not this seemed normal to you guys. I plan on talking to them about it, and I'll probably take the clueless approach. I don't want to go to another dealer as this one is quite conveniently located, but I guess you do what you have to.

SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0;

0 rows returned

Archived