LegacyGT.com

k&n filter sucks lol

slickgt

Its weird, I had the K&N on for awhile and felt that i maybe got some quicker spool and alot of noise... I put the stock back on when I was going to clean and re-oil the K&N and the car actually felt a bit more responsive and I liked getting rid of the extra noise (no snorkle and cobb DP do enough). Either the K&N was really dirty (it wasnt from what I could see) or the stock filter is just really good.

i put my k&n filter in my gt and my car felt slower for some reason anybody else feel this way

Jeez, you walked into a mine field on that one.:lol:

My opinion is, you need to reset the ecu everytime you change something. Even an air filter.

Did you make sure you soaked up the extra oil.

Many times Mfr's over oil the units;)

That's it. Too much oil. It is way heavier than stock. Increase tire pressure too, to carry the extra weight.

It is still ugly.

That's it. Too much oil. It is way heavier than stock. Increase tire pressure too, to carry the extra weight.

But if he increases tire pressure, he's adding unsprung weight with all that extra air!

phoenix96

2006 Legacy GT Ltd · 2011 Outback 3.6R Ltd · 1992 SVX

2006 Outback 3.0R VDC · 2009 Forester 2.5X

2002 Outback VDC · 1996 Outback 2.5L · 1986 GL-10

Maybe you forgot to remove the stock filter and you installed the K&N on top of the stock. Make sure you remove the stock filter before installing the K&N. This could be the problem for the slower pull, all the extra weight. To reflash the air filter you have to put the car up on 4 jack stands and run the car in reverse for awhile. Just don't lean on the car while it is on the stands.

Archived