LegacyGT.com

k&n filter sucks lol

slickgt

To reset the ECU just unplug the positive side of the battery, let it sit for a minute, then plug it back in. And you DEFINITELY need to do this with a K&N air filter. It will make a difference. Also do this every time after you clean the air filter. Reset the ECU whenever you do ANY mods on your car. EDIT- I would also suggest doing some reading in these forums for a little while to learn some things about your car. Look around the forums, you can learn a lot.

^ do the above if you like having to re-enter your radio station presets. ;) Otherwise, just drive the car and the ECU will adjust/adapt itself on its own (although I doubt a drop-in air filter will have any significant effect). If you drove the car hard, replaced the air filter to the K&N then drove it again, you might have just heatsoaked the intercooler which is why it felt slower.

-Mike-

Slick, did you get that info on resetting the ecu? PM me if u need more details.

I apologize on behalf of this crew, sometimes when life gets boring we like to have some fun. Don't take it personal. I got my cubes busted a few times when I first signed up. It's all in good fun.:icon_razz

To reset the ECU just unplug the positive side of the battery, let it sit for a minute, then plug it back in. And you DEFINITELY need to do this with a K&N air filter. It will make a difference. Also do this every time after you clean the air filter. Reset the ECU whenever you do ANY mods on your car. EDIT- I would also suggest doing some reading in these forums for a little while to learn some things about your car. Look around the forums, you can learn a lot.

It's the negative terminal you should disconnect, not the positive. You could be in for quite a shock otherwise :eek:

Sort of off topic, but in regards to the K&N, has anyone added the K&N drop-in filter and removed the front half of the air box, just screwing the K&N to the back half? It works great for me and I get to hear the turbo and the stock recirc BOV. Deosn't feel like any gains or losses in power though..

^ There are a number of LGTers here with this type of modification, which is sometimes referred to as "the Zip-Tie mod." ;)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Archived