LegacyGT.com

WTB coilover

stype_rsx

I have about $1k to spend on coilovers just ordered some rims and want to get rid of the gap Looking for something comfortable not too jumpy for daily ride

as of right now I am thinking either Tein Basic or MR's coilover. I am more leaning towards MR but could not find much reviews on them. Any suggestions or opinions would be appreciated

Thanks

May I ask why you want coilovers as opposed to springs (and struts)? If you're only looking to lower the car a bit yet maintain a comfortable ride, why not the Swift, Ion, or JDM pink springs?

-Mike-

I have about $1k to spend on coilovers just ordered some rims and want to get rid of the gap Looking for something comfortable not too jumpy for daily ride

as of right now I am thinking either Tein Basic or MR's coilover. I am more leaning towards MR but could not find much reviews on them. Any suggestions or opinions would be appreciated

Thanks

I'd get the MR's over the Tein's any day of the week... then again I might be a little biased towards the MR ;). Lest anyone claim I'm closed minded, I just ordered a set of KW's to try out. It's nice having a friend who is one of their largest distributors :icon_cool.

Seriously though, the MR's are an outstanding value. They are unbeatable at their price point and even a bit beyond it. The only reason there aren't a large number of reviews out there is that there are only 13 sets out there, and some are probably still sitting in their boxes uninstalled. I haven't heard anything negative about them at all. You can also look up reviews for the WRX/STi coilovers and you will find similarly praise.

May I ask why you want coilovers as opposed to springs (and struts)? If you're only looking to lower the car a bit yet maintain a comfortable ride, why not the Swift, Ion, or JDM pink springs?

-Mike-

I guarantee he will not loose any comfort over those springs with KW's.

Not that IONs were really uncomfortable....

I guarantee he will not loose any comfort over those springs with KW's.

Not that IONs were really uncomfortable....

Yeah, but if he doesn't really need the adjustability of coilovers other than to slightly lower the car and maintain ride quality, then he might be better off just with a set of springs.

-Mike-

^^^ maybe he doesn't. I like having a knob to turn. Maybe thats just me. However, with this setup you are getting nice dampers as well which improve handling and compare cost favorably to springs + billstien dampers.

Matt

I like having a knob to turn.

Me too. :p Which is why I'm running a set of Cusco Zero2s (corner balanced/weighed). I also wanted to have -2.0 camber in the front, and be able to stuff in 18x8.5" (+48mm offset) wheels. :D The KWs are very nice too, but I just wanted to throw out another option in case springs would be more than adequate, since all the original post really states is that he wants to reduce wheel gap.

-Mike-

Archived