LegacyGT.com

New Intake

Pman2g

Remember this.....regardless of which one you select, make sure you have a proper tune for it.

Even with the SPT intake, I would not install it without first datalogging & then making my

adjustments.

I can just picture the new LGT owner going right over to the parts counter & saying "you have a intake for this thing?"

with no other mods to the car.........bad Idea!

All intakes will lean the car out to some point, so as mentioned before make sure you are tuned for it.

No the K&N isnt a "BOLT" on 13hp....now once it is tuned....yes, maybe even a little more:)

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

Ahem! According to Garrick at SPT, no tune is necessary to run the SPT intake safely. This is because it maintains the proper MAF position and bore size, so those variables aren't an issue for the stock ECU to compensate for the extra air. YMMV

<---- still getting a custom tune ;)

Let me know if you want an SPT intake and I can get you one.

Dude! Last warning. You are NOT a vendor here. Get vendor status or stop offering to sell product. What part of that don't you get?

I'm not trying to vend an intake to him I happen to have a few in stock and was just saying that I can get him one because we have them actually unlike many other SOA dealers... geez man calm down.

I'm just saying that we have them in stock so if you can't find it somewhere else then you can find it at my dealer. I'm not making money off this thing myself I'm just saying we have them in stock if needed.

this is f-ing stupid with this vendor sh!t.

I'm not trying to sell something anymore I'm just offering my knowledge that they are in stock at my dealership. I'm not even an SOA employee so stop tripping. I am a Computer Networking Tech and I happen to have knowledge of where some are if someone can't find one and wants to get ahold of one.

Had my '05 GT serviced at the dealer yesterday and while waiting I spoke with the service manager about the new SPT performance package available from Subee dealers which includes a new snorkle cold air intake and performance exhaust. He's saying the combo will boost HP to 290 and torque to 285.

Is 14% increase realistic?

TIA -

Edit, misread....

I don't believe that even the combo kit (w/the currently defunct SPT exhaust) was quoted in Performance to make that much, and definitely, unless I'm totally incorrect, I don't remember LGT numbers quoted specifically, either.

Again, keep in mind that, at least for the time-being, the SPT exhaust is no longer available. Rumor has it that it will, however, return some time in the future.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

The service manager actually showed me the SPT brochure yesterday and said product would be available for sale any day....

I'd like to hear from a user before investing in new hardware tho....

Edit, misread....

I don't believe that even the combo kit (w/the currently defunct SPT exhaust) was quoted in Performance to make that much, and definitely, unless I'm totally incorrect, I don't remember LGT numbers quoted specifically, either.

Again, keep in mind that, at least for the time-being, the SPT exhaust is no longer available. Rumor has it that it will, however, return some time in the future.

The service manager actually showed me the SPT brochure yesterday and said product would be available for sale any day....

! :confused: !!

Here's the latest that we know of, from:

I'd like to hear from a user before investing in new hardware tho....

^ The very sources you're asking of....

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31949&highlight=spt+exhaust

The confirmed stuff is that the first batch is under "recall," and that the second batch was "scrubbed," for lack of better words. Rumor has it that future runs, if there are to be any, may not be contracted out to Bosal, due at least in-part to this fiasco. Timing of such a re-release is not known, but rumor has the timeframe in months, not days.

From the sound of things, I don't think that your service rep. was up-to-date on current info.... :icon_conf

---

Did the catalog/brochure list combined power gains specific to the LGT ?

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Archived