LegacyGT.com

2007 LGT Autoweek

msb175

Well, when the 06 Spec B was expensive at 34k, Subaru adds a few things that look good, like the 6MT...

But rather than keeping it the same price, or even shaving a grand or two off, to really make it an attractive package, they add 2 grand to the MSRP. (according to this article that estimates 36k.)

That just makes it second verse, same as the first, just louder. I am henry the eighth, I AM!

It also puts it further into lexus, Infiniti, and closer to BMW/MERC territory, even if it is still cheaper than some of those, it is closer, and further away from my budget.

I have real trouble understanding the mentality of people [collectively] that will willingly put down more and more money for less and less ability to specify the particulars of the product they are buying. That is counter intuitive, and no one has said anything to challenge that insanity.

More money should mean more choices, something SOA is short on, regardless of price. But they do the opposite.

I have pretty much resigned myself to a used 05 Legacy at this point. It isn't much of a resignation, though. The Legacy hasn't changed that much in this body style, and saving money on the front end will allow me to mod afterward. I lose the new blue color, the aux in stereo... (Jazzy-mod, here I come...) and the fold down rear seats. I lose the SI-Drive, but I am not all that heartbroken about having all that power on hand all the time.

I keep debating and going back and forth, new LGT, used LGT, something else... I think "used LGT" is winning, especially if I can find a well cared for, already tuned example on these forums...

So, those of you who don't care about lack of choice, and have the extra money burning in your pockets, and are wanting to trade up for the 6MT 07 LGT Spec B... Let me know if you want to sell your existing LGT. Especially if it is stage II. :D

PROBLEM: It's horribly ugly, inside and out. It is also not the quality driving machine of past bmws. Meh, especially for the prices they ask.

The all-new 3 Series Coupe is hitting the roads in September and when it does, be prepared for a re-sculpted look, a twin-turbo engine and, perhaps the biggest news of all, all-wheel drive.

Re-sculpted, inside and out.

It’s rare to find such a sporty machine that also carries its own when it comes to refinement. But with the 3 Series Coupe, absolutely nothing has been compromised.

There’s the aggressive, muscular hood. Flowing signature lines along the profile. Standard Xenon Adaptive Lights. And if you can draw yourself away from the exterior long enough, you’ll notice exquisite changes to the interior as well. New ambient interior lighting. New colors for the leather upholstery. Beautiful pearl gloss accents throughout. And a new comfort feature that provides easier access to the seatbelt.

Then there’s the power – 300 horses worth of twin-turbo power.

Just like any other BMW, the all-new 3 Series Coupe is outfitted to provide an exhilarating drive. Under the hood of the 335i Coupe is an inline 6-cylinder engine with high precision injection and twin-turbo chargers, giving you 300 horses of heart-pounding power and class-leading 300 ft. lbs. of torque.

The 328i and 328xi Coupes are just as impressive, featuring a more powerful and fuel efficient, inline 6-cylinder engine with Valvetronic. This new engine produces 230 horsepower and 200 ft. lbs. of torque. But because of its inline orientation of cylinders there are fewer vibrations, which means a smoother ride for you.

Yeah, I love it when SOA says, "but you can get the ob in a manual" They obviously don't know anything about the sports sedan/wagon market.

Sad.

Are they going to sell me the car for the same price as the LGT wagon, pay to swap out the tires with a 225/45 instead of what is it, 245/55 on the OB? Are they going to lower the car for me - all for the same price of the LGT?

sigh. MORONS

:(

If they would just make either an LGT STI Wagon or a Spec-B wagon with a manual transmission, I'd be all over this (seat color excepted of course - YUK!). Unless Subaru starts to offer the LGT Wagon in MT variant, it looks like this is the end of the line for me and I'd be forced to go to an OBXT which is not what I want.

WRT Spec - B, SOA is listening, and it's getting closer to what the enthusiasts want. OOTB, it's a competent handling car and adding the 6MT with revised diffs front and rear (my jury is still out on the Torsen rear though), will increase the AWD pleasure that we seek. If they would just beef the suspension a bit to dial-out the "lean, squat and dive" this would be an awesome ride. Why not add the STI Pink springs to the Bilsteins instead of what appears to be the USDM LGT Springs. Doesn't make sense to put the superior Bs under there and not change the spring setup.

Thanks for the info

SBT

Archived