LegacyGT.com

Is "Average Joe" already impressed by new Leg..?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Living in the great Northwest, Subaru has a much better brand image than in most places. Every fifth car around here is a Subie it seems, so people are very aware of them. Of course that has its drawbacks too, as it makes the local dealer exceedingly arrogant about pricing - they still have a $3,000 markup on their WRXes (not the STi, just the regular WRX). I've shown some people images of the new Legacy, and they've been universally impressed with the look and the apparent interior quality. Oh, and I showed them both JDM and USDM images, and most of them were hard pressed to tell the difference in bumpers, and even harder pressed to care. One person was the exception, and definitely found the USDM less attractive.

They really do need to change their advertising. I still like the Nissan Maxima one where the guy is walking out with a bag of groceries, drops an orange, and goes to pick it up, puts a hand on the Maxima and you see the car in action, pulls hand off the car and the experience was intense, the orange was crushed. I want to see ads like that. All the talk and stuff with Lance is so blaze and looks second rate. You should never need to advertise with words if your presentation is right.

[quote name='SUBE555']All the talk and stuff with Lance is so blaze and looks second rate. You should never need to advertise with words if your presentation is right.[/quote] Wasn't the initial WRX TV add great; seeing and hearing the Rex perform on the dirt road? Really liked that commercial.

2005 Legacy GT Wagon Ltd 5EAT Garnet Red :cool:

1999 GTI VR6 Black - sold but not forgotten... :(

I really liked the first two, one silver in rain, the other blue on loopy roads, I thought seeing and hearing the experience is a lot better and the non in-your face approach will make them feel much more welcome to watch and be interested in the product versus intimidated. I think the new Forester ads are a step in the right direction however. :) I've heard the Lance ads aren't going away however. :( They suck IMO.

The Forester ads touting the SUV crash ratings are very good for appealing to the mothers. I've only seen them on Food Network. I've noticed that Subaru hits that and HGTV for ads for the Outback and Forester. What is funny about the Lance ads is that I remember when they came out, it was almost sacriligious to not approve of the ad campaign because of who he is and because Subaru obviously always makes the best decisions. Funny how the tide changes. I couldn't stand them from the beginning.

I don't think I liked them nearly as much from the start, I like the initial ones showing what the car is mean't for, fun, and giving you some sights and sounds in it's element. The lance ones have some nice, high-quality footage, but it's just too, I don't know, almost low-budget looking.

Well guys....one of my co-workers saw my background of a B4 and though it was a really nice Honda....!!??!?...Then I told him it was a Subaru then he was very impressed. Are Hondas the only good looking cars nowadays..?
"Gimme mines Balboa...Gimme mines".....Clubber Lang - Mr. T

[quote name='Dr. Zevil']IMO honduhs are boring.. really really boring.[/quote] I totally agree Dr. Zevil....the only car from the Honda/Acura camp that I really like right now is just the TSX. Everything else is too bland for my taste...
"Gimme mines Balboa...Gimme mines".....Clubber Lang - Mr. T

[quote name='Ridgeracer'][quote name='Dr. Zevil']IMO honduhs are boring.. really really boring.[/quote] I totally agree Dr. Zevil....the only car from the Honda/Acura camp that I really like right now is just the TSX. Everything else is too bland for my taste...[/quote] At least they are still better than Toyotas.

Archived