LegacyGT.com

Is "Average Joe" already impressed by new Leg..?

Hey all.......I just had one of my friends stop over and they where blown away by the pics on the B4 screen connector of the new Leg. He was in shock at how sexy the Leg. is going to look for this year. I consider him an "average joe" since he is not a car enthusiast like myself. Everyone I seem to show pics to seem very impressed with the design. Anyone with similiar stories...?
"Gimme mines Balboa...Gimme mines".....Clubber Lang - Mr. T

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was looking to get a V70 or V50 this summer. I had no real interest in Subaru, the WRX wagon being too small for my needs. But that's when I saw the new Legacy 2.5GT wagon on a turning platform (at the Montreal Auto Show), I was really impressed and looked at the car for at least 15 minutes, too bad the Subaru folks (from local subaru dealers) didn't know much about the new Legacy. Anyhow, I'm thinking this car would be a perfect fit for my needs; modern looking, sporty, AWD, powerful, huge sunroof, etc (no HIDs though :( ). Now I'm waiting to find out what the MSRP will be since that may be the clincher for me (and hopefully a low financing rate, Volvo seems to be a formidable competitor in that area). Anyhow, I'm browsing this great forum for it's tremendous sources of information and insights.

2005 Legacy GT Wagon Ltd 5EAT Garnet Red :cool:

1999 GTI VR6 Black - sold but not forgotten... :(

[quote name='Tide']Out of curiousity, do any Subaru - Saab - GM USDM cars offer HIDs? [/quote] All Saabs do, it is believed that even the 9-2X will.

BFD that there is no HID.. get over it. :roll: :lol: Anyways, I have shown quite a few people here at work the pics of the JDM legacy and they thought the car was absolutely beautiful. I would say that the average joe will like the styling and especially the value of this car. I too am thinking about getting a wagon now since I could use a touch of practicallity in my life. At least I know if will be a wagon that will blow the doors of most autos on the road. :twisted:

Wagons are great, my dad in the 2000 Leg L Wagon kicked some 4x4 from a stoplight and you could see the guy was pissed he got beat by a wagon with a 4-cyl. :lol: HID is a non-issue. I guess if they want to pay for it, let them. Make it an option. People will pay for it, if just for the image. If it spurs more sales, go for it. :)

Com' on guys....Is this thread about Average Joe or HIDs again..... :lol: I know im pissed as well but its not that bad since we still get projectors....BTW are some of you looking for HIDs for the brighter light or just like the blue/purple color effect they produce from a distance...?

I have a Legacy GT wagon as my screensaver at the office, and many people have given me the "That's a Subaru?" comment. Yep, sure it, and it's about to be my Subaru. :D This new Legacy is, IMHO, the first ready for prime-time Subaru. It's a very nice, and nice-looking car. Kevin

[quote name='Ridgeracer']BTW are some of you looking for HIDs for the brighter light or just like the blue/purple color effect they produce from a distance...?[/quote] Both. I'm looking for increased night vision which in turn will add to overall safety of the car. The blue/purple effect looks really nice and adds character to the car.

[quote name='TeeLoo'][quote name='Ridgeracer']BTW are some of you looking for HIDs for the brighter light or just like the blue/purple color effect they produce from a distance...?[/quote] Both. I'm looking for increased night vision which in turn will add to overall safety of the car. The blue/purple effect looks really nice and adds character to the car.[/quote] Ok....I was curious to see if people only wanted the blue/purple effect. That actually has nothing to do with the bulb thats in the projector itself. Its more of an effect caused by light rays bending around the cutoff shield in the projector.

[quote name='Dr. Zevil']I agree that it should probably be an option..[/quote] That's all I'm asking for. HIDs are becoming increasingly common, therefore the Average Joe is just comparing multiple makes/models feature to feature. However, this is not "showstopper" as I'm sure the Legacy will represent a fantastic value for the money (unless the MSRP increases out of proportion).

AHHH! Just eat your damn carrots people! :lol: I think the new Legacy will really get people looking at them as more than just a quirky well-built car. It finally has the class and the ability to haul ass to go with the rest of the car and I think average joe will see that. It's also not a yuppie name plate which turns some people off and makes them think 'high maintenance'. Look at the smiles and head nods of respect someone driving a $100k Hemi Charger gets vs. the fingers a $50k used Ferrari gets. People can relate to the Charger. I'm hoping this same kind of effect will work to Subaru's benefit, although I like having cars most people don't have or know anything about. Steve

[quote name='Dr. Zevil']good question.. lets hear from some people who actually know what the lights look like? how would you compare them to stock WRX lights (if you have seen them)?[/quote] Wouldn't DOT and Transport Canada complied headlamps differ from those of different markets like Japan, Europe, Australia, New Zealand?

I also think the halogen projectors should be rather good, particularly with the right bulbs. Why should this be such a big issue! :x What do you non-Subaru owners think about this car? I'm a Legacy owner for 3+ years and a Subaru nut so I call myself biased. :D

[quote name='Dr. Zevil']good question.. lets hear from some people who actually know what the lights look like? how would you compare them to stock WRX lights (if you have seen them)?[/quote] The projectors are really very good - a huge improvement over the previous (ie US current) model. Good strong beam with defined cut-off. I really think the amount of discussion on the lack of HIDs is a bit over the top and related more to cosmetics than actual lighting performance. Just as another point of interest, the fog lamps are also projectors (H3).

Archived