LegacyGT.com

Rainguards

wms291

Just got my wagon rainguards from the Cheam GB. Question is do you really have to sand and prime the areas pointed out in the directions? If so, what kind of primer do you use? The directions reference K 500 primer:confused: . Looks a little more involved than just slapping on brackets and sticking the guards on.

Question is do you really have to sand and prime the areas pointed out in the directions?

No, just wipe the areas that the double-sided tape will affix to with some rubbing alcohol (to clean/prep it), and just stick them on.

-Mike-

there should be an alchol pad in the kit. At least it was there for the JDM ones I bought a year ago. I've installed three sets now and they all had a prep pad.

does the rainguards increase noise when you're driving?

The rain guards increase wind noise slightly. The increase is very slight on my Legacy and barely noticeable. However, it's a different story on my WRX. The rain guards make it sound like my windows are open...when they are closed. LOL

I'm not sure why there is such a difference between the 2 cars. It's possible that the Legacy is built that much tighter and quieter than my WRX.

Archived