LegacyGT.com

redlight cameras still popping up in VA??

rallispec

VA deemed these unconstitional as of last summer, correct??!!

Then why at every new stoplight they're putting in prince william county (and at some of the old stoplights now) - are they putting these cameras up??

My fiance even saw one the flash on one of them go off the other day??!!

Are they just holding on to all this stuff so as soon as the camera's are re-commisioned they'll have a nice pile of tickets ready to mail out?!!! :iam:

anyone else notice this or care to shed some light on it???

I think the law expired last July 1st. Perhaps it was passed again? FWIW...the ones I've seen around my area weren't taken down after last year, but weren't operational either.

Fairfax Cty did a study and realized the timing on the lights and cameras were causing accidents instead of preventing them.

I've noticed they were still up but the other day I was being directed bya friend and didn't see a light, and I'm sure I ran it. Oh the way back I noticed it had a camera. That was probably 4 months ago now and no results.I'm sure if they're taking photos now when the law isn't active, they wouldn't hold up in court later when the law is renewed.

Another thing I've noticed is I thought some places had a flash for a camera, and it turned out to be a white bar in the middle of the red that flashes to get your attention. Those have no connection to a camera, but thay can be disconcerting.

welp, maybe yous need to moove out to da cuntry! we ain't got no camera lights out here unless thars a cuntry hooker standing on the corner:lol:
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

Archived