LegacyGT.com

'07 Escalade vs. '05 L-GT 5EAT

Just received my July Motor Trend copy and came across some scary findings...

There is a long term test of an '05 L-GT sedan with auto tranny; a few pages before that is a comparo test of the new Escalade (along with MB GL450, LR3).

What shocked the crap out of me is that the '07 Escalade's performance numbers are almost exactly the same as the L-GT that they have tested!!!

They both do, 0-30mph in 2.1s, 0-60mph in 6.4s, and a 1/4mile in 14.9s. The Escalade has a higher trap speed (94mph vs. 93.8mph) and its braking distance is shorter by 12 ft. (130ft. vs. 142ft.). :iam:

For some reason I find those performance figures downright scary - all I need is a bunch of ghetto fabulous soccer moms blasting down the street in a 5777lb assualt-mobile!

And what shocked me even more is that the Escalade has a weight distribution of a BMW, an even 50%-50%!!! (L-GT 57%-43%).

But, with a little bit of haggling, you can prolly get 3 L-GT's for the price of one '07 Escalade ($66,110 as tested) ... :icon_surp

They only post slalom # for the Escalade, and, taking into account the very different purpose of the two vehicles, I did not bother to post them. But here they are now:

'07 Escalade 600-ft slalom: 57.1 avg speed (No additional data)

'05 L-GT 5EAT 600ft slalom: 64.1 avg speed (0.81g avg in lateral accel, MT Figure Eight 27.1s @ 0.63g)

And yes, it is the 6.2L V8 with 403hp and 417ft/lb. It has 14.3lb per hp (L-GT 14.0lb per hp)

But, they raved about the Legacy and loved everything about it, except the climate control and premium fuel. The Escalade finished third (last) and uses premium fuel as well (13.7mpg avg vs L-GT 18.7mpg avg)

The scary thing is...it along with the LGT are even a little quicker than those #'s. If either vehicle is powerbraked it will take .2 -.4 sec off those times!

Let the wife drive a 06 Trailblazer SS a few weeks ago for a day.....she scared me to death....

NO SALE!

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

Archived