LegacyGT.com

Zeal V6 Coilovers!!

Xenonk

[quote name='chucktoo']Yes that is the max tire for a 7.5 in rim according to Bridgestone for the S-03 Pole Positions - 8 in is the size the tire was measured on. The tread is over 2 in wider than the stock RE-92s . There are 8 in rims but they were a lot more expensive than the 7.5s. I thought about 8 in rim and 255/45/18 but that only bought another .4 " in tread width and cost a lot more over the 245/45/18s. [url]http://www.bridgestonetire.com/dpp/[/url] Thanks charlie[/quote] :o Sloppy sidewall much?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I can't wait to get my Zeal's on my Legacy. At the Subaru Challange this past weekend I really got a feel for what this car can do. I was competing with all STi's, some modded some not, and I was right there with them in times. It handled pretty well with the only suspension mod I have currently are the PolTec rear endlinks( Other mods are: Catless Uppipe, removed the mid-cat., Stainless Steel braided lines, and Motul RBF600). I can definitely tell it stiffened up the rear, as it was a bit tail happy. The Challange was the 3rd Auto-X I have done with the Legacy. The car transistions very well through the slaloms, but has a tad bit too much bodyroll for my liking. Once I get the coilovers I expect to see atleast 1-1.5+ sec. drop in my times. Xenonk: Thanks for posting your reviews. Now I am just counting the days. -Matt

What? No tires and rims before the power mods??!!! J/K just giving you a hard time about that. Honestly, you should my other post about the car setup here: [url]http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3906[/url] I think the car is pretty good as it is if you put some decent tires and lighter rims on there.. I am not sure what kind of class you want to put your GT in for autox, but a catless uppipe and the removal of the mid-cat would put you in a MOD class, or at least, a Street Mod class. I saw your times for the Subaru Challenge.. was it hard to keep up with those STi guys? I was hoping you would finish 2nd in STU. Keefe
Keefe

I am actually running Falken Azenis Sports (225/45R17). I have been running my car in STU, since that is where it more competitive in my opinion. The car had beter times in it than I actually drove it, but my main problem was I wasnt cooling the Azenis' down after each run and by the time I was coming down the back side of the course it felt like I was on ice. I am used to running on Kumho Victoracers so I am still getting used to having to spray the tires down. Overall I wasn't far behind alot of the STi's and modded WRX's, and I made it to the Super Star Challange coming in at 25 out of 32 who made it and an overall of 85 people who competed at the event. Any chance your going to be at the Atlanta Challange? -Matt

Unfortunately I wont be down that way this weekend.. I actually have a Track Day at Summit Point Raceway on Friday, BMWCCA chaperfest on Saturday, and the Penn-Jersey Subaru Challenge on Sunday. Yea, one thing about Azenis, they get picky in terms of heat... Keefe
Keefe

[quote name='Xenonk']Unfortunately I wont be down that way this weekend.. I actually have a Track Day at Summit Point Raceway on Friday, BMWCCA chaperfest on Saturday, and the Penn-Jersey Subaru Challenge on Sunday. Yea, one thing about Azenis, they get picky in terms of heat... Keefe[/QUOTE] Keefe, looks like we will have some rain too........:cool: 944 turbo guy

[quote name='Xenonk']Unfortunately I wont be down that way this weekend.. I actually have a Track Day at Summit Point Raceway on Friday, BMWCCA chaperfest on Saturday, and the Penn-Jersey Subaru Challenge on Sunday. Yea, one thing about Azenis, they get picky in terms of heat... Keefe[/QUOTE] Ahh darn. Well good luck man, looks like it is just you and me representing the Legacy's in Auto-X and Track racing over here on the East Coast. Hopefully I will take 1st or 2nd in STU at the ATL Challange. -Matt

1st would be best ;) I was only .2 sec shy of first.. the STi that beat me was a very good driver to begin with.. it's very hard to compete in the rain when the driving really counts. Smooth and going easy with the car is CRUCIAL. Keefe
Keefe

[quote name='ShaggyGT']1st should not be a problem once I get the Zeal setup on the car. ;) :) -Matt[/QUOTE] :D just make sure you set up the driver too :lol: ;) 944 turbo guy Myles Williams [url]www.racecompengineering.com[/url] [email]sales@racecompengineering.com[/email] Racecomp Engineering LLC. 9123 Old Annapolis Rd. Suite 103w Columbia, Maryland 21045 410-730-RACE 410-730-5503 FAX 410-707-0108 mobile

Well I have only been Auto-X for about a year now, but I only have 3 events driving the Legacy. I am still learning this car, but at this point I definitely feel like I have a handle on it. The Zeal's should definitely help shave some time off my runs. -Matt

Well after instructing Keefe this morning at Summit Point, I can only say that the Zeal B6s for the LEGACY are just as impressive as the V6s are on an Impret-za !!! We had them on full soft and with 2 degrees nagative front camber and this car was sooo planted !! We were in group 2 and had a set a C5 vette racecars in front of us. These are ITE cars that are being sorted out so the drivers were ok at best, but none the less, they rocked and had tons of power. We could carry a ton of speed thru all the corners and use the torque of the 2.5 litre Legacy engine while the Zeals kept the wheels rooted to the ground. Amazing stuff. This wil become our Legacy Demo car for this part of the US at least and when my Super function Rs come, I will use my car for Impret-za' owners who want to be convinced. 944 turbo guy [font=Arial][size=2][color=#0000ff][b]Myles Williams [/b][/color][/size][/font][url="aoldb://mail/write/www.racecompengineering.com"][u][font=Arial][size=2][color=#0000ff][b]www.racecompengineering.com[/b][/color][/size][/font][/u][/url] [font=Arial][size=2][color=#0000ff][b]sales@racecompengineering.com Racecomp Engineering LLC. 9123 Old Annapolis Rd. Suite 103w Columbia, Maryland 21045 410-730-RACE 410-730-5503 FAX 410-707-0108 mobile.[/b][/color][/size][/font]

[quote name='RaceComp Engineering'] I can only say that the Zeal B6s for the LEGACY are just as impressive as the V6s are on an Impret-za !!! [/QUOTE] Correction: The coilovers on the Racecomp Engineering Legacy GT is running the V6 Coilovers at 8kg/mm front and 6kg/mm rear. In the 1st session, it was wet.. 2nd session, it got drier.. but as the day went on, I didnt give any point-bys at all after the 1st session.. I was getting them in every passing zone. That Modena 360 I believe gave me the point by as well.. the Carrera4S also gave me a point by at turn 9 at the end of the day.. I thought I would never get one from him there. Some of the vettes had to let me go at the end of the day out of turn 9 as well.. talk about just having the right line, the globs of grip, and just maxing out 4th gear between turns 9 to 10. The only point-by I gave were traffic hold-ups at turn 9 to turn 10, and half way through the front stretch... crazy cars with twice the torque and power, you just have to let them go. It was very fun keeping up with the STi today.. although it was very clear to see the difference in the 50 hp and 50 lbs of torque coming out of turn 9 when I was up on the STi's back inside corner. I couldnt maintain the pressure for the driver to cough up a point-by and he just walked away from me right off the apex. Overall, the car handled extremely well.. the car is less nerve-racking than my previous prepared WRX by far. The only thing the car had was fresh brake fluid.. it doesnt even have SS lines.. I guess Myles was thinking of us talking about it having the new lines, but I never got around to getting them.. Thank goodness today was cold enough (60F high, 54F low), the brakes did mush out like crazy and this car will not stop if the car had anymore speed down the back straight at 115 mph.. (this car lacks soo much top end or anything after 4k rpms... actually, it stops climbing at 4500 rpms on 5th). I had to modulate the brakes to make them last throughout the day.. the brakes were super predictable but the stopping power was not there for me to get on them. If I did, I would have glazed them going into the 4th hash mark into turn 1. If anything, the brakes do need pads and it probably need some slotted rotors for the warmer days to keep the pads from glazing over too soon. Endless 6-pot front and 4-pot rears, here we come! The car ran at full soft for the coilovers while the rear sway was adjusted to the stiffer setting.. tire pressures was the only thing I changed during the whole day.. and seriously, dropping the pressures really helped a lot as the car just felt soo neutral through 90% of the turns. I dont think my WRX would perform the way the GT did today. It was just such a blast to drive. Next series of tests: -Endless Big Brake Kit (needs more braking power, the car is HEAVY) -Full Turboback Exhaust System (needs to free up the top-end) -Engine Management (to take out the throttle lag) Keefe
Keefe

• 4 weeks later...

Archived