LegacyGT.com

NGK Iridium Sparkplugs

Hey all,

Just wanted to doublecheck, I'm planning to do a tuneup to the Legacy soon, planning on the NGK Iridiums, simply because they supposedly last longer than the V-power copper plugs.

I'm having trouble finding the part number though; all NGK is listing is their Laser cut plugs for my year (2003); was there some sort of change in the EJ25 to require only one sparkplug to be listed or just your typical parts mismatch? Could I still use the Iridium sparkplugs NGK makes?

I'm looking at the BKR6EIX-11 Iridium sparkplugs - pricey but supposedly the best...

Your right!

The part number for our car is BKR6EIX-11.

Thanks for the assurance :icon_bigg . Already ordered the set...$7/plug, yikes. Hopefully it'll last at least 30k as I don't plan to do it again in the next few years :lol: .

• 2 weeks later...
Aren't they overkill unless you have engine mods that would actually require them?? NGK V-Powers we put in have been great so far, they were only $1.50 a plug. It's not like the spark plugs are tough to change on this car. My Grand Am is another story. I have AC Delco Rapidfires in there, OEM plugs were about the same price.
Friends don't let friends drink cheap beer.

I had Bosch Platinums in my Grand Am for about 6 months, at which point they started misfiring. Replaced them with AC Delco Rapidfires, felt like a new car again.

My dad used them in other cars with similar results. Needless to say we no longer buy them.

Friends don't let friends drink cheap beer.

I just changed my wifes spark plugs in her altima with platinum ngks for 2.40 a piece, they should last 60,000 miles. I also had a grand am before my leggy, talk about a PITA to change spark plugs! Gotta love the jap cars.

Well, I had installes NGK iridiums and, of course, there was no noticeable difference. The only good thing about them is the fact that they will last twice as long, which is good since they're three times the price, and changing plugs is not a total pain in the ass, but not the funnest mod.

So, I recommend them, just don't expect to gain anything.

'99 Legacy 2.2L 30th.

(Stage 1 Exedy clutch, ACT flywheel, Custom Intake, JSPEC Hood, GT-B bumper, 17" SportMax Wheels, Premier DEH-P780MP, 40GB iPod)

- Jason

Well, I had installes NGK iridiums and, of course, there was no noticeable difference. The only good thing about them is the fact that they will last twice as long, which is good since they're three times the price, and changing plugs is not a total pain in the ass, but not the funnest mod.

So, I recommend them, just don't expect to gain anything.

Right, I'll be starting medical school this August; I doubt I'll have the time to change out the plugs every 10k miles for the V-power (or was it 15k?). At least these will give me at minimum 30k miles before I have to address them again. With the way I put on mileage that should be about 1.5-2 years.

Well, I had installes NGK iridiums and, of course, there was no noticeable difference.

I noticed the difference when I had the right plugs installed. The car was much happier. :icon_mrgr

Plain Bosch plugs(that werent supposed to be there) < NGK Platinums

Agreed, however I meant the difference between a standard NGK plug and an Iridium. As long as you stay with NGK or Denso you should be golden!

'99 Legacy 2.2L 30th.

(Stage 1 Exedy clutch, ACT flywheel, Custom Intake, JSPEC Hood, GT-B bumper, 17" SportMax Wheels, Premier DEH-P780MP, 40GB iPod)

- Jason

As long are you're staying with NGK you'll be okay. Believe me when I tell you that the NGK Coppers are the best product (at their price point) for your 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th Gen SOHC engine and the NGK Platinums are the best for the 2nd Gen NA DOHC and 4th Gen FI DOHCs. Anything else just seems to either 1) fail or 2) not go the distance (SOHC 30K, DOHC 60K).

Good place to buy, if you don't order through an on-line Subaru parts house, i.e., www.subaruparts.com, or www.1stsubaruparts.com, etc., is www.clubplug.net.

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Archived