LegacyGT.com

Blowoff Valve, anyone planning on getting one?

05LegacyGT330Ci

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote name='05LegacyGT330Ci']^ I'd like to but I don't have nearly enough information on the engine or any tools to do the install so I would probably have to seek out professional help or atleast some diagrams. I'm not quite sure about all that goes into the installation.[/quote] It is about a 10 min job and very easy, regardless of what set up you run. Although BOV's are deemed as just pure bling. There are some that would argue that the BOV set up 100% atmosphere is a good thing. Their logic behind this and not doing recirculate is because the last thing they think you want to do is redirect hot air back into the intake. The sole purpose is to blow off the hot air and keep colder air comming in. Just a point from the other side. :)
OBAMA......One Big Ass Mistake America!

• 2 weeks later...
I agree with BoxerGT2.5, Also Bling Bling or not, I SAY TO EACH HIS OWN!!!!!! You cant criticize ones taste, i wanted a BOV so bad that i had to MOD mine to fit because there is no back plate for the 05 yet. I got the Turbo-XS Type-H-RFL from MSRP $189 for $100, ohhh and it sounds great :D

DSCF1842.JPG.8cbfc302f3f9c284a3740cfc8c247d14.JPG

DSCF1839.JPG.7429cf602d0af3866630c30dc0d05606.JPG

pffft, Fully recirculating or 50/50, fits under the cover, doesn't make your motor cranky: [img]http://avoturboworld.com.phtemp.com/japan/parts/turbo/images/bov_testing.jpg[/img] Cheers, Paul Hansen [url]www.apexjapan.com[/url] [url]www.avoturboworld.com[/url]

[quote name='mccorry']Paul.... with the 100% recirc BOV... you don't get any sound, correct? What was the reason to replace the std. BOV, then?[/quote] Technically, for people that want either a BOV that will work properly under higher boost levels, or people that want to run stealth some times, and want the pssht at other times. They all come with a removeable plate for the 50% vent to atmosphere. Cheers, Paul Hansen

:o E-bay here i come with an auction, i dint know there was one out yet, i just place my order :D Thanks..... PS: why would the Turbo-XS BOV make the motor cranky? Personally i don't feel any difference.. Dan.

[quote name='apexjapan'] Technically, for people that want either a BOV that will work properly under higher boost levels, or people that want to run stealth some times, and want the pssht at other times. They all come with a removeable plate for the 50% vent to atmosphere. [/quote] You've installed this on your car, correct? I'm assuming you've seen no ill effects? As you said, I thought the big thing with getting a new BOV was having one that would support higher boost levels than stock. From what I've read, the stock BOV for the LGT is rated at 20 PSI. Can anyone verify this? If so, the only point to replacing it would be to get the sound, right?

the stock BOV is a weak spring that allows the air to get recirculated.. it makes the turbo a little bit harder to keep the turbo spinning harder, but you wont lose any of the air out of the system (compared to a atmospheric BOV). Keefe
Keefe

[quote name='mccorry']A 50/50 is what I am interested in... but I didn't realize that you had to remove a plate. :oops:[/quote] I'm with you on that one, i canceled my order for now, ill just wait and use this one till a hand adjustable 50%50% comes out. Plus thats a bit expensive for a BOV... Dan.

[quote name='jkadilak']You've installed this on your car, correct? I'm assuming you've seen no ill effects? As you said, I thought the big thing with getting a new BOV was having one that would support higher boost levels than stock. From what I've read, the stock BOV for the LGT is rated at 20 PSI. Can anyone verify this? If so, the only point to replacing it would be to get the sound, right?[/quote] I've had that BOV on since the very first prototype - well, I believe that is the very first prototype. I've had no ill effects with it at all. It runs just like a stock car, except for the psssht sounds when I'm booting it around. And since I am prototyping I will be seeing, and have seen, higher boost levels. When I was at and above the 270-280whp level, I was touching the 1.4kg/m2 range occasionally during testing, which is putting me in the 20psi and above range. Cheers, Paul Hansen [url]www.avoturboworld.com[/url]

[quote name='DAFTEK'][quote name='mccorry']A 50/50 is what I am interested in... but I didn't realize that you had to remove a plate. :oops:[/quote] I'm with you on that one, i canceled my order for now, ill just wait and use this one till a hand adjustable 50%50% comes out. Plus thats a bit expensive for a BOV... Dan.[/quote] It is just a simple plate held on by two allen bolts - it is really easy to access, and comes off in a minute. A bit expensive, but no mass-produced generic blow-off that is being adapted to use. It is designed specifically for the Subaru, and as you can see, bolts up and fits precisely under the engine cover. Running a sale on them right now, $320 including shipping to people's door. :D Cheers, Paul Hansen [url]www.avoturboworld.com[/url]

[quote name='apexjapan'] I've had that BOV on since the very first prototype - well, I believe that is the very first prototype. I've had no ill effects with it at all. It runs just like a stock car, except for the psssht sounds when I'm booting it around. And since I am prototyping I will be seeing, and have seen, higher boost levels. When I was at and above the 270-280whp level, I was touching the 1.4kg/m2 range occasionally during testing, which is putting me in the 20psi and above range. [/quote] This is with other mods done to the car though, right? For a completely stock car would this end up making any other difference than the sound?

[quote name='jkadilak']This is with other mods done to the car though, right? For a completely stock car would this end up making any other difference than the sound?[/quote] None at all, just a bit of brightwork and the venting noise between shifts. The main advantage is that this one mounts up like a stock BOV and doesn't have any ill effects to your system. There are certainly cheaper generic solutions, but without the options of recirculation or 50/50 venting. You get what you pay for. For actual power on a stock car, you would get more from an AVO panel filter for a fifth of the money. But some people do like and need a BOV, especially those that have gone above and beyond the warranty in a big way. ;) Cheers Paul Hansen [url]www.avoturboworld.com[/url]

It's adjustable for pressure (I'll get the max rating for that), so the noise depends on how it is adjusted. It is not too loud - noticeable, but not going to wake the police up from their donuts as you do a drive by. ;) Cheers, Paul Hansen [url]www.avoturboworld.com[/url]

• 4 weeks later...

Archived