LegacyGT.com

A funny STORY

One more funny story

I was on my way to Philly PA. via I 95 north. I lived in Philly for a while so I made the trip quite often. While making these trips, I learned where all the troopers like hang out and radar, vas-car and laser. So I would drive pretty fast the whole way up and just slow down where I knew they like hang weather they’re their or not. Then speed back up after I past their spot. So I was just North of Baltimore when I spotted a trooper merging on to the highway. So I slowed down to about 75-80 mph to make sure that the trooper was in front. That’s when I noticed that the trooper came off the exit at least at 95-100nph with no lights on. So I let the trooper get ahead of me a few hundred feet and I start to follow.

We are both traveling at a high rate of speed, I will not mention how fast but where both clear in too triple digit speeds. We continue this for about what seemed like 20-25 minutes then the trooper starts to slow down. So I begin to slow down. The trooper continues to slow down until “she” is clearly under the speed limit. So I’m right behind her .........(she wasn’t going to get behind me). This continued long enough for cars we past 10 -15 minutes ago to catch up to us and start to pass us.

Finally the trooper acted like she was going to use one of those “emergency vehicle turn around roads” That when I started to pass her, She looked at me dead in my eyes….So I smiled :icon_bigg and gave her a thumbs up LOL J. She smiled back and promptly got behind me and pulled me over.

So I get out my license and registration and she walks up to the windows and asks me “do I know y she pulled me over?” Of curse I say “I have no clue officer” with the dumbest look on my face that I can muster. Then she said she pulled me over because I had no front tags….”DOOWE !!!” She got me with something …and wrote me a repair order. As she was about to leave she said with a smirk on her face “you drive carefully”…..I said “you tooo” with a sh*& eating grin on my face. My question or assumption is that COPS can’t pace from behind or at least in Maryland…? Yes, No? Notice she said carefully not safely ……or have a safe drive….hmmm I wonder y she used that?

Yup you are lucky, the other day on my way home from work, a cop went blowing my by .. and car was following , not as fast but faster than everyone else. He pulled over and the car went by and pulled back on the freeway and pulled that car over for speeding .. so .. yes you were lucky :)

it's hard for me to believe it was luck....she could have slapped me with a big one.....Y wouldn't have she....that would have made her months quota. J I believe she would have had a tough time explain y she was moving so fast in court… maybe ?

In 1991 I got a ticket after following a State Trooper but at the same rate of speed. It's pretty obvious to anyone that if you're running in the same neighborhood for 5-10 miles you're going the same speed. I fought it in court and lost although they did cut the fine in half.

But that was in MA, other states may have other rules. Now I always let others get between me and the Trooper. And I'd never keep up with them if they went over 80.

Who Dares Wins

スバル

In 1991 I got a ticket after following a State Trooper but at the same rate of speed. It's pretty obvious to anyone that if you're running in the same neighborhood for 5-10 miles you're going the same speed. I fought it in court and lost although they did cut the fine in half.

But that was in MA, other states may have other rules. Now I always let others get between me and the Trooper. And I'd never keep up with them if they went over 80.

So what did you and the trooper have to say in court? I was following a cop breaking the law ? or I should say what to the trooper have to say ?

cops CAN pace you when you are behind them. Ive played with alot of cop cars when i worked at my old job and alot of them had rear mounted radar guns which means, if they have it on pace mode with the rear gun, they can determin how fast somone behind them is going.

ROFL! Since when do cops need permission to break driving regulations (speeding, red lights, stop signs, reckless driving) that regular folks have to abide by? It's part of their job descriptions. Is this an honest question or am I simply misinterpreting?

:confused:

The initial story/post btw is highly entertaining if true.

________________________________________________ [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1980"]'05 BSM OBXT Row-your-own, W.I.P. :rolleyes:[/URL] [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1242"]'06 Shrek B # 64 - The car the wife loved to hate :( Sold...[/URL]

ROFL! Since when do cops need permission to break driving regulations (speeding, red lights, stop signs, reckless driving) that regular folks have to abide by? It's part of their job descriptions. Is this an honest question or am I simply misinterpreting?

:confused:

The initial story/post btw is highly entertaining if true.

it was kinda a rhetorical question

So what did you and the trooper have to say in court? I was following a cop breaking the law ? or I should say what to the trooper have to say ?

I said my speed was "Reasonable and Proper," and the proof of that was the heavy traffic on Route 128 at 4:30pm on a Friday afternoon, in which the trooper and I were both proceeding in the flow of traffic.

The Trooper (who was not hostile or anything) represented that the traffic was "Medium" and that I had exceeded the speed limit.

There had already been a hearing. The only appeal in this kind of traffic court in MA is for a point of law. The judge that day did not find in favor of the citizen in any of the cases I heard.

Who Dares Wins

スバル

you are probaly the dumbest driver on the road, why on earth would you ever follow a cop going even 15 mph over the speed limit, let alone in triple digit speeds, i really don't think you should have a license

Additional generic comment giving you grief....

Ahem....

Thanks for the entertaining story involving police. You did get lucky, but I imagine if you hadn't been, you wouldn't have posted!

ahh good ol 5-0...

Additional generic comment giving you grief....

Ahem....

Thanks for the entertaining story involving police. You did get lucky, but I imagine if you hadn't been, you wouldn't have posted!

ahh good ol 5-0...

that would be correct :icon_bigg

you are probaly the dumbest driver on the road, why on earth would you ever follow a cop going even 15 mph over the speed limit, let alone in triple digit speeds, i really don't think you should have a license

That would be over people doing their hair, reading the newspaper, putting on make-up, talking on there cell phone, and people doing everything else but driving?

I think everyone is missing the most important feature that he left out....

Was she hot? And if so, why didn't you get a pic?

Actually she did look pretty good....about 5'9 blond in good shape...she could arrest me any day...

Actually she did look pretty good....about 5'9 blond in good shape...she could arrest me any day...

Well then where is the pic. I'm very disappointed. I think there should be a new forum rule: If you post a topic about a woman then said topic must be accompanied by pictures. If no pictures are posted with said topic, then immediate ban!:icon_twis We'll let you slide this time but in teh future, please remeber the forum rules.

Kyle

Well then where is the pic. I'm very disappointed. I think there should be a new forum rule: If you post a topic about a woman then said topic must be accompanied by pictures. If no pictures are posted with said topic, then immediate ban!:icon_twis We'll let you slide this time but in teh future, please remeber the forum rules.

Kyle

I apologize, if there is a next time in which I doubt. I will get a picture with the phone…..scouts honor….or for that madder…any interesting situation that envolves a good looking female. :icon_tong

it's hard for me to believe it was luck....she could have slapped me with a big one.....Y wouldn't have she....that would have made her months quota. J I believe she would have had a tough time explain y she was moving so fast in court… maybe ?

Ignore the knockers, if it's good for the goose it's good for the gander

Archived