LegacyGT.com

A funny STORY

I was told by an officer that they are supposed to be following all the rules of the road unless they are on the way to an emergency - lights or not. I have yet to try this argument in court.

Thanks for sharing your story.

Enjoy the ride...

That was pretty stupid. People get pulled over all the time for catching up to a cop. I heard one story where the guy decided to fight a ticket in court. He lost his case when the cop went in front of the judge and said that he was pacing another car at over 80 mph when the defendant caught up to him.

Just as stupid as this one driver I was behind when driving through New Mexico. Late at night on a two lane road out in the middle of nowhere. There was about 4 cars all following behind a state trooper at the speed limit. I was 3rd in line. We get to a passing lane after about 5 miles and the car directly behind the state trooper decides to pass. So the guy slowly inches past the trooper. The moment the car is past the trooper, the trooper pulled into that lane and turn the lights on. I couldn't stop laughing.

That was pretty stupid. People get pulled over all the time for catching up to a cop. I heard one story where the guy decided to fight a ticket in court. He lost his case when the cop went in front of the judge and said that he was pacing another car at over 80 mph when the defendant caught up to him.

Just as stupid as this one driver I was behind when driving through New Mexico. Late at night on a two lane road out in the middle of nowhere. There was about 4 cars all following behind a state trooper at the speed limit. I was 3rd in line. We get to a passing lane after about 5 miles and the car directly behind the state trooper decides to pass. So the guy slowly inches past the trooper. The moment the car is past the trooper, the trooper pulled into that lane and turn the lights on. I couldn't stop laughing.

Thats just plain wrong :(

I was told by an officer that they are supposed to be following all the rules of the road unless they are on the way to an emergency - lights or not. I have yet to try this argument in court.

Thanks for sharing your story.

Enjoy the ride...

A cop who's a family member told me the same thing. Yet I'm not going to try it in court either....

Archived