LegacyGT.com

New 08 B4 and Legacy Wagon Pictures from Japan

Braddo

Hi Gang,

I am an Aussie who currently lives in Seattle WA and recently purchased a 06 Legacy GT Wago which I love.

I am aware someone already posted some 2008 pictures from Japan however I am in Tokyo this week for business and drove past a Subaru showroom last night.

Kuddos, you display true enthusiasm!

Who Dares Wins

スバル

B4 is the engineering code for the Legacy model. (not updating with each revision) As is B9 for the tribeca. BL or BP, GC, GD, etc... are internal chassis identification codes that do update with major chassis revisions.

I am not aware that B4 had anything to do with "bilstein". And ALL subarus are now 4-wheel-driven, including the B9... so I am doubting that, too.

"Spec B" is rumored to have something to do with Bilsteins, as most spec B models of the Legacy and WRX STI have said dampers installed. But so do Spec C, etc... So it is somewhat alphabetical, as well.

fix me if i'm wrong-but i think there are 7 speakers only in the front!

3 on each door and one in the top center of the dash!:iam:

There are 9 (or 10 if you count the co-ax as two speakers) speakers in the front - woofer, mid range and tweeter in each door, additional tweeter in each sail panel plus the co-ax in the dash (center channel).

The McIntosh HU looks new as well. Now its going to be hard for pple with the McIntosh equipped cars to swap to another HU as its all one piece!

Gosh.. I've fallen in love with the new spec.B design.. But I want my Legacy soon..

What do you guys think of getting a used LGT, like '05 or '06.. then selling it when the refreshed LGTs come out (assuming they look similar to this)? I will only "lose" like a couple grand from buying and selling a used LGT, right?

-ben

Buying a used 05 will net you less depreciation (it has already depreciated for two years) if you go and re-sell it in 13-18 months.

If you plan to sell in the near or mid-term, and don't need the 07-specific features, Used is probably the way to go, anyway, and 05's have already done more depreciating than newer ones.

plus there is no guarantee that the US Models will be verbatim the same as the 07 JDM models... No guarantee that the new spec B design will be applied here.

It just depends on what you want, and how tight your budget is.

Yeah, that makes sense.

I would guess the '08 USDM Legacy won't be as nice as the '07 JDM Legacy due to our strict safety standards. I would want to know how easy it is to swap the exterior bits like the front end. But only time will tell... Oh well..

-ben

Archived