LegacyGT.com

What do you think of you LGT?

I was just wondering what kind of milage people had on their LGT's and what types of issues they have had with their car and what the over all opinion of their is.

Let me start by saying that I have 19K miles on her now. The first 11,000 miles were not good on the service side. Clutch went, ECU cooling fan issue, and several other minor issues. It was in for service so often that it fell under the lemon law. I did some arbitration and decided to settle with SOA and keep the car. I also had alot of problems with the dealership at first. The old service rep was a F***** A**.

Now I am at 19,000 miles and the car has a shudder at idol. Met with the SOA Rep and they said it was normal. The new service guy at the dealer is actually cool as hell and I always BS with him for about an hour when I pick the car up from oil changes. Still get the clutch stink even though it has a new one in it. I only get the clutch stink when I need get on it from a stop and give her a few RPM's, oh well. It stinks, but I bet the guy still sitting at the light smells it worse, at least I hope so.

Anyway, despite the issues I have had I really love the car. It is an absolute blast to drive and there are not alot of these on the road, like SRT 4's are everywhere. Just need some exhaust mods so she sings better and stage 2. Overall despite some refinement issues........I would get the car again!

At over 40,000 miles I've had my windshield replaced twice, and a screw start backing it's self out in the drivers door and start cutting into the class. That was repaired under warrenty. If I absolutely had to do it over again, I would re-buy this exact car in a heart beat. It fits me to the letter.

Martin Luther - "Who loves not women, wine and song remains a fool his whole life long."

EL4NFZT7

Just turned over 11,000 miles. Only had the car since January 14, 2006. The only thing I did was get the floor mats replaced under warranyt. (100 dollar floor mats.) They were unraveling and had a weird mark in the middle. I guess I'm like OCDETAILS and the little things can get to me. I was asking the parts guy about ordering a new set when he told me it would probably be covered under warranty. WOW I owe that guy a lunch. I walked out to the service department and a few minutes later they had a new set of spec b floor mats on order! WOW!

Other than that the car has been a beauty. I got keyed a few weeks ago which really ruined my business trip. I came out of a nice hotel where my car was parked just outside my door and the trunk was keyed. Estimate says 450-661 for fixing the damage. NICE! That's about equal to a Cobb AP.

Oh yeah and if you didn't know then let me tell you... ORDER the all weather floor mats. The snow and dirt can ruin a nice cloth set in one day trip.

For a little investment you can get the all weather and run them most of the year.

Now I'll be able to save my "new" floormat from the weather!

I got the Clutch stink as well......and my tires where flat spotted at the dealer....but that being said I haven't had many problems either....ah, I had the ECU replaced as well for the fan issue.

I have about 21k miles on mine. Issues, hmm that little floormat clip thing broke off in the first 1k miles, never replaced it. Um both headlight bulbs burnt out and one fog light bulb (was a piaa plasma yellow aftermarket, so I don't know if I can blame subaru on that one). I wish we would have gotten the JDM bumpers, but that's just a dream. And I wish we didn't have that CDV or whatever in the clutch so I could launch it better :) So yeah I love the car and have no regrets, Subaru did an amazing job making the new Legacy's.

I have about 21k miles on mine. Issues, hmm that little floormat clip thing broke off in the first 1k miles, never replaced it. Um both headlight bulbs burnt out and one fog light bulb (was a piaa plasma yellow aftermarket, so I don't know if I can blame subaru on that one). I wish we would have gotten the JDM bumpers, but that's just a dream. And I wish we didn't have that CDV or whatever in the clutch so I could launch it better :) So yeah I love the car and have no regrets, Subaru did an amazing job making the new Legacy's.

Among the 40 other pages I have open that I'm currently reading I should search CDV clutch. I haven't heard of this yet. Something in the clutch that make it difficult to launch. Road&Track didnt' have trouble launching to a 13.7 1/4 and a 5.1 0-60.....or did they

I'm still curious to find out if the ECU was just massaged a little on the car that subaru gave to Road and Track.

I have my LGT for a year. After 28k miles, the ony problems are the ocassional rattle on the passenger side door and a cracked windshield. This is the most fun-loving car I've had. Currently no mods (well, swapping out the RE92), but I'm considering a PDX stage one when I hit 30k :icon_bigg

Picture Gallery

I have my LGT for a year. After 28k miles, the ony problems are the ocassional rattle on the passenger side door and a cracked windshield. This is the most fun-loving car I've had. Currently no mods (well, swapping out the RE92), but I'm considering a PDX stage one when I hit 30k :icon_bigg

After the end of the year I might get the award for most miles driven. LOTS of miles driven mean lots of things hit the windshield. I heard the windshields on oru LGTs are super thin and prone to cracking. Is this for weight reduction?

They might as well use lexan and then it won't crack and it will be light!!!:)

I have a question about the windshiled...

Cost? Dealer repair? Warranty?

I'm worried because I have all that fancy wiring in the windshield form the wiper defroster.

Just a matter of time before i get a crack!

Among the 40 other pages I have open that I'm currently reading I should search CDV clutch. I haven't heard of this yet. Something in the clutch that make it difficult to launch. Road&Track didnt' have trouble launching to a 13.7 1/4 and a 5.1 0-60.....or did they

I'm still curious to find out if the ECU was just massaged a little on the car that subaru gave to Road and Track.

not massaged. For some reason spec b's are making more power on the dyno, I'd post numbers but people would only flame me. D spot magazine dyno'd there tester and it made 30hp more than a regular gt.

tHe HoV

When things are working properly I love the car, that said:

34k kms currently

stinky/slipping/defective clutch replaced 22k kms, stuttering and various rattles ongoing, brake rotors resurfaced a number of times and replaced 34k kms, major oil consumption problem (2 quarts in 600 miles), engine being rebuilt.....

stage 2 for 3K miles so far, no major problems to report. Brought car back to dealer once for clogged evap drain line.

Would buy again, certainly see myself with this car for ten years. Fits 99% of my needs.

OOOHHH... tell me more. Clogged Evap drain line. Where is that?

How did you know it needed to be cleared out.

thanks

not massaged. For some reason spec b's are making more power on the dyno, I'd post numbers but people would only flame me. D spot magazine dyno'd there tester and it made 30hp more than a regular gt.

They are "special"

the spec b are making 30 more horsepower than "regular" and you think the aren't being touched????

interesting..280HP for 06 spec b then!

243 for 2007 spec b! :lol:

I have a question about the windshiled...

Cost? Dealer repair? Warranty?

I'm worried because I have all that fancy wiring in the windshield form the wiper defroster.

Just a matter of time before i get a crack!

1st: Do you have glass coverage on your insurance? If not, then you will definately want it. Your warrenty will not cover the windshield if the dealer can find any "outside influence" that caused the damage to the windshield, and they will.

2nd: We all have the fancy wiring in the windshield from the wiper defroster.

3rd: like I said in my first post, in the 41,000 miles that I've had my car I've replaced mine twice.

Have fun, and get that insurance!

Martin Luther - "Who loves not women, wine and song remains a fool his whole life long."

EL4NFZT7

12,250 miles - 21 months old

Resolved issues: defective stock tires (replaced with a set of quality tires) and once the engine misfired triggering a CEL.

Current issues: Windshield wipers need to be replaced

Feelings: Fun car, and craptastic gas mileage because of constant stop and go traffic and having a heavy foot. After nearly 2 years, I find myself a little bored by the sleeper sedan styling. Could use a few more ponies.

My LGT is horrible w/ gas mileage.

Local driving - I only get 13.3 - 14.1 mpg - but the traffic is always heavy and I am rarely able to drive more than 2 city blocks without sitting at another red light for 2-3 minutes. Staten Island is a joke, all the local politicans talk all this bullshit about overpopulation and over building - yet they constantly take money on the side from contractors and builders and do absolutely nothing about improving the flow of traffic. Heck, they can't even sync the lights to keep traffic moving. Once the light you're sitting at turns green - the next one a block or two down turns red a few seconds later.

Once I get on the highway and I'm far outside this poorly run joke of a city, I will get 24.3 to 27.1 mpg on the highway.

- Mike

Archived