LegacyGT.com

2007 Legacy info

Spinjockey

Yes... everyone gets crappy solid leather, a tiny porthole for the sunroof, no turbo and a 4 speed automatic. It comes only in lime green with pink leather.

:lol:

Seriously folks, there are (were) too many Leg/OB varriants. Do you realize how hard it is for the sales staff to remember all the trim levels and keep it straight in front of the customer... how do you think the customer feels?

customer: "can I get that in a 6-cyl?"

salesman: "not in a Legacy but I can put you in an Outback"

customer: "OK, how much?"

salesman: "That depends, which Outback do you want?"

customer: "Huh?"

salesman: "Well there's the 3.0R, the 3.0R LLBean, the 3.0R LLBean Navi, the 3.0R VDC-Navi, oh and then there's the 3.0R LLBean Sedan and the 3.0R LLBean Sedan w/Navi

customer: :confused:

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are you being serious, or making fun?

A salesman worth his salt would ask a couple more questions....

Do you want a Legacy or Outback?

Do you want a wagon or sedan?

Do you want Leather interior?

Do you want manual or automatic transmission

Do you want Navigation?

What Color?

That would narrow it down to one or two models, at MOST. The only other question would be four cylinder or six, on some of the outbacks... MAYBE.

Have you seen what other car companies offer for choices? A LOT more than Subaru does.

If a customer is confused about what is available, there are two people at fault for that. The Customer for not doing some very basic research before purchasing a big-ticket item, and the theoretical salesman for being somewhat inept.

if we all got crappy solid leather, a porthole, no turbo and a 4AT in Lime green over pink, then we wouldn't need salesmen, we would just need giant automotive vending machines. Push the button, pay your money/sign your loan, and drive away.

Do you want a Legacy or Outback?

Do you want a wagon or sedan?

Do you want Leather interior?

Do you want manual or automatic transmission

Do you want Navigation?

What Color?

That would narrow it down to one or two models, at MOST. The only other question would be four cylinder or six, on some of the outbacks... MAYBE.

Have you seen what other car companies offer for choices? A LOT more than Subaru does.

If a customer is confused about what is available, there are two people at fault for that. The Customer for not doing some very basic research before purchasing a big-ticket item, and the theoretical salesman for being somewhat inept.

if we all got crappy solid leather, a porthole, no turbo and a 4AT in Lime green over pink, then we wouldn't need salesmen, we would just need giant automotive vending machines. Push the button, pay your money/sign your loan, and drive away.

Lets see, I want:

1. Legacy

2. Wagon

3. no leather - not avail

4. manual - not avail either

5. nav - you've already struck out twice but if you could get the above two options you would strike out with asking for nav with a manual as well.

Do you want a Legacy or Outback? Legacy

Do you want a wagon or sedan? wagon

Do you want Leather interior? no (sorry can't do)

Do you want manual or automatic transmission manual (sorry can't do)

Do you want Navigation? yes (you already struck out twice but even if the above two options were available you couldn't get nav with a manual)

What Color? green, red, tan (sorry don't have any of those)

Oh, don't get me wrong, I think SOA needs MORE options. Vet, me, and anybody else should be able to get what we want, instead of these ludicrous restrictions. As we all keep saying... factory special orders...

I was mostly commenting on "subaru has too many models for salesmen and customers to keep straight." which was either a sarcastic joke, or if serious, complete pap.

Vet... You can get a Legacy wagon with cloth and a manual... without the turbo, and no nav. but i get your point, and whole-heartedly agree. To be honest, though... if I wanted a low-content car, cloth, manual, no sunroof, etc... like the 05 non-limited GT was... I wouldn't expect factory installed Nav, which is a premium item. Ideally it would be dealer or port installable, but we are far from ideal. At that point I would probably go with a magellan roadmate, or tomtom, or something aftermarket, which might actually be better at navigating, anyway.

But I do lament the choices and track record of SOA decisions since the current legacy has been introduced. Not offering the 3.0R H6 in the Legacy model from day one. For 2006: Canning the non-limited trim (but adding another 2.5i trim... can't get too complex) canning the manual Legacy GT wagon, limited or non, canning the interior color choice option, canning the blackened headlights, (which should be used to differentiate GTs from other legacys, IMHO) For 2007: canning Garnet Red Pearl this year, relegating Regal Blue to the 2.5i models only, and the new Legacy wheels for 2007. Limiting the Spec B to only one paint color, if true, is a stupid move, too.

It is a great car, handicapped by SOA bean counters. Very Sad. Subarus in the rest of the world are an object lesson in how the Legacy SHOULD be sold, Austrailia in particular, where they will be getting the 2.5 Turbo (and probably spec.B), 2.0 or 2.5i, AND the 3.0R and it's Spec B. STI tuned model and Blitzen, as well.

']Subaru Australia doesn't have even a single turbocharged model in their current Liberty/Outback lineup. I sure hope Subaru of America doesn't adopt that strategy here.

I thought that was a temporary hiatus, as they gear over from JDM 2.0 Twin scroll to the 2.5 Turbo, like we have. I was under the impression that they were getting the turbo car back soon...

']Subaru Australia doesn't have even a single turbocharged model in their current Liberty/Outback lineup. I sure hope Subaru of America doesn't adopt that strategy here.

I think Austrailia took the US Legacy/Outback path of a generation or two ago when all there was was a 2.2 or 2.5...no turbo. I doubt they would go back down that path. :)

Seriously folks, there are (were) too many Leg/OB varriants. Do you realize how hard it is for the sales staff to remember all the trim levels and keep it straight in front of the customer... how do you think the customer feels?

customer: "can I get that in a 6-cyl?"

salesman: "not in a Legacy but I can put you in an Outback"

customer: "OK, how much?"

salesman: "That depends, which Outback do you want?"

customer: "Huh?"

salesman: "Well there's the 3.0R, the 3.0R LLBean, the 3.0R LLBean Navi, the 3.0R VDC-Navi, oh and then there's the 3.0R LLBean Sedan and the 3.0R LLBean Sedan w/Navi

customer: :confused:

wow if everyone was this simple minded we wouldn't even be driving cars...still be rubbing sticks and stones....u bet u'r ass they damn well better know the line up and everything else about it....not that hard when it's your job.

wow if everyone was this simple minded we wouldn't even be driving cars...still be rubbing sticks and stones....u bet u'r ass they damn well better know the line up and everything else about it....not that hard when it's your job.

My post was very tounge-in-cheek but the simple mindedness of the average consumer is not too far off. Seriously, in most parts of the country people still don't have a clue who Subaru is let alone all the models let alone all the trim levels. It is a hard sell when you have to educate the buyer at all levels, believe me its quite funny to sit back and watch some people's reaction to the choices available: deer-in-the-headlights comes to mind :lol:

I don't doubt it.

The thing is, that someone who makes commissions from sales should be able to ask a few well placed questions, get an idea of what simple requirements some of those customers have, and play that sale like a stratovarius.

As I said, if the choice was so easy that nobody needed help (read: no choice at all) then car salesmen would be extinct as an occupation, and we'd have automotive vending machines. Or Wal-Automart (which we are getting close to...)

The thing is, that not all customers are that clueless. And people like me are actually obsessive. And lack of choices really pisses those of us who know what we want, right off.

Make choices available for us, and hire salesmen that can sell those choices to uncertain customers, and advertize the product so that those customers know a little something about what they are looking at.

The thing is, that not all customers are that clueless. And people like me are actually obsessive. And lack of choices really pisses those of us who know what we want, right off.

You are the customer I warn my salespeople about :lol: . Seriously, 99% of the time my sales staff is well ahead of the power curve but then someone like you enters the store and there only hope of a sale is to get me :icon_twis See, I (like you) am an enthusiast who knows subies in and out and I've yet to have a customer stump me. Too bad not all subaru dealers have people who care about the product like myself (and a couple of my guys)... I remember when I bought my RS in '99 I basically told the salesman to shut up and get the keys after he feably tried to "educate" me on the product. I knew the car was sold before I left the lot and had to tell him twice on the test drive to shut up also... good thing it was the last 99 RS (in white) for over 250 miles or I would've gone elsewhere.

• 2 weeks later...

So, um, you're cross-shopping a jeep with a manual LGT? Uhuh, whatever.

Have fun with the jeep.

If I may add my two cent's........I am not an owner as of yet, Alot of cars are arriving in the next two years. However, I've always loved the subaru becuas of what it offered for the price tag and have test drove one w/ the man. ofcourse. Appealing side of the car is the moddability and reliability of the engine and that boxer sound is the closes to a v8 I've heard from a 4cyl yet. Design is just right to leave stock or add some things without looking riced out. What I wished the car came with standard or optional is the dccd( as on the sti) and a grandma system(stability control w/ an on/off switch) That thing works almost as good as allwheel drive. Other cars I'm looking at are the 300/jeep srt8, Sti, mazda cx7. Rumored, Developing cars I'm waiting on are awd TL, next srt4...... My main passion is performance but the car has to be functional,usable,appealing to the eye and worth the money. I want a new car but the srt bunch will have to be used but they are baddass especially the jeep. Ive driven one and talk about brute force! And a supercharger is already available for the 6.1 hemi. But the possabillity of surpassing that performance in a legacy always bring me back to subaru. I've gotten away from topic. sorry. Subaru has never really been into gimmicks. Why start now with this si thingy? I wonder if there is a way to use that in conjunction with different boost settings and fuel maps of your own. Like 20psi and aggresive spark and fuel control to kick some yahoo in the butt one night and switch it back to a conservative map for inner city driving? I still would prefer that lsd/vccd/ and vsd on a base model gt. And those wheel are garbage. That alone would probably make me get a used legacy and take that money saved and rebuild this 2.2t block i got with forged pistons and swap the 2.5 with a hybrid pushing more boost tune for usability throughout the rpm.

• 1 month later...

Go to your local newstand and pick up a sport compact car mag. They do a write up on the GT and spec.b (oh wait, it likely hasn't hit yet)... anyway, they show the Diamond Gray Metallic and the Newport Blue.

Think of NBP as a more vibrant Atlantic Blue, not as "is that black" as the Regal Blue, and (in the right light) a grown up version of WRB. Its a neat color.

Not sure which one of the two it is... or maybe it's the same color in different lightning... is there other new color for '07s?

once again, that has been covered in this exact thread. but to answer your question anyway, regal blue is on the left, newport is on the right

Archived