LegacyGT.com

2007 Legacy info

Spinjockey

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.subaru.co.jp/legacy/b4/exterior/03/imgs/p1.jpg

DING! DING! DING! DING! DING! WE HAVE A WINNER!

I like Atlantic Blue, but this is MUCH more up my ally. God, please let SOA build this with a black interior, Amen. P.S. If they make the Spec B in this color that would be good too.

This would look better with the Spec B blue ultrasuede inserts, too.

IF they are different colors, the left one would be regal blue. I think Regal blue might be a bit darker than that even.

Atlantic Blue has the ability to shift from gray to blue, maybe this has a light-blue-darker blue shift.

Yes, the left one is RBP and the right is Newport Blue Pearl.

Sorry forgot to put that in my last post.

anyone notice this in new issue of Subaru Drive Performance:

"The SI-DRIVE system allows the driver to choose from three electronic engine controls or maps. These are chosen by a rotary switch on the center console. Changes to engine mapping modify the operation of the electronic throttle system, turbo wastegate and variable valve timing. These affect engine torque, maximum power and even the throttle response curve.

Sport - provides a more linear feeling with quicker throttle response; it feels like the 2006 Legacy 2.5GT, only smoother.

Sport Sharp - performance improved over the 2006 Legacy 2.5GT, with quicker throttle response and delivery of engine power, narrowing the gap between it and the Impreza WRX STI.

The difference between the three modes are pronounced."

so, should we expect better mag times for the MY 07? have they added a map similar to Cobb Stage I? the maximum hp and torque seems to have stayed the same, unless SAE certification would show the MY 06 & 05 to be lower than 243hp/241 ft.lbs. thoughts?

I am looking at new cars and really like the 06 LGT. One of the few things I didn't like was the absence of controls (audio, cruise, etc...) on the steering wheel. A minor annoyance, but still an annoyance.

When I heard the 07's were due out soon, I searched for the new spec's. The only way to get Steering Wheel controls is to buy a Spec B?

Why? Every other car sold has them, why is it so difficult for Subaru to do this. My friend with a Mazda 3 has Steering Wheel controls.

On a different note, this is my first post here. I just found this forum and really like the support and fellowship of the Subaru crowd.

if you really dont mind the new changes on the 07 i say get the 06 for a better price and just swap steering wheels, there's a walkthrough somewhere

edit...

i was too late

Not sure this is the right place for this but here goes:

I have been quoted 25,755 on an 06 LGT (I'm in the Seattle Area) and 26,119 for a WRX Limited.

Both prices are well below invoice (dealer said there was a 1500 cash back incentive).

Would you consider these good prices, given the 07's are due out in less than 2 months?

I have been quoted 25,755 on an 06 LGT (I'm in the Seattle Area) and 26,119 for a WRX Limited.

Both prices are well below invoice (dealer said there was a 1500 cash back incentive).

Would you consider these good prices, given the 07's are due out in less than 2 months?

The Legacy doesn't sell as well as the WRX, so they are more willing to deal on them than they are on the WRX. But those aren't bad prices, I wish there was a rebate on the STI I'm buying.

Yes, both are 5MT. If I'm getting 230+HP, I'm not going to handicap it with an Auto Trans :)

I grew up rebuilding 60's Mustangs! In the late 80's early 90's I was bitten by what a friend calls "the Jap-Tech" bug. This led me to own a 91 Eclipse Turbo AWD and I absolutely loved it.

Thanks again for the info. I'll look for the walkthrough on fitting the Spec B Steering wheel onto the LGT.

Just for comparison, what would you (LGT Owners) consider to be the main difference between an LGT and a Limited WRX? I'm very new to Subaru's, so I have no gauge on what the differences can be. Since they share a similar engine and it looks like they share a drivetrain, I was just wondering what the anecdotal differences are.

Thanks!!

Can't comment on prices but go to the dealer and drive both until you decide which you prefer and if you think the deal is good then buy it.

If I may add my two cent's........I am not an owner as of yet, Alot of cars are arriving in the next two years. However, I've always loved the subaru becuas of what it offered for the price tag and have test drove one w/ the man. ofcourse. Appealing side of the car is the moddability and reliability of the engine and that boxer sound is the closes to a v8 I've heard from a 4cyl yet. Design is just right to leave stock or add some things without looking riced out. What I wished the car came with standard or optional is the dccd( as on the sti) and a grandma system(stability control w/ an on/off switch) That thing works almost as good as allwheel drive. Other cars I'm looking at are the 300/jeep srt8, Sti, mazda cx7. Rumored, Developing cars I'm waiting on are awd TL, next srt4...... My main passion is performance but the car has to be functional,usable,appealing to the eye and worth the money. I want a new car but the srt bunch will have to be used but they are baddass especially the jeep. Ive driven one and talk about brute force! And a supercharger is already available for the 6.1 hemi. But the possabillity of surpassing that performance in a legacy always bring me back to subaru. I've gotten away from topic. sorry. Subaru has never really been into gimmicks. Why start now with this si thingy? I wonder if there is a way to use that in conjunction with different boost settings and fuel maps of your own. Like 20psi and aggresive spark and fuel control to kick some yahoo in the butt one night and switch it back to a conservative map for inner city driving? I still would prefer that lsd/vccd/ and vsd on a base model gt. And those wheel are garbage. That alone would probably make me get a used legacy and take that money saved and rebuild this 2.2t block i got with forged pistons and swap the 2.5 with a hybrid pushing more boost tune for usability throughout the rpm.

Any news on where the spec.b models will go in terms of geography? :iam:

The MY06 was 500 right? I think I read that the 07 will be 800. The dealership where I live just put the spec.b on the ramp to show it off...btw, it is an 06 ('brick' interior) so at this rate they may not get an 07 spec.b until...well...07.

Any news on where the spec.b models will go in terms of geography? :iam:

The MY06 was 500 right? I think I read that the 07 will be 800. The dealership where I live just put the spec.b on the ramp to show it off...btw, it is an 06 ('brick' interior) so at this rate they may not get an 07 spec.b until...well...07.

I think that's for 2007 Subaru Impreza WRX STI Limited (800 units only).

VDC will be available on the Outback XT and the Outback LL Bean also.

phoenix96

2006 Legacy GT Ltd · 2011 Outback 3.6R Ltd · 1992 SVX

2006 Outback 3.0R VDC · 2009 Forester 2.5X

2002 Outback VDC · 1996 Outback 2.5L · 1986 GL-10

Archived