LegacyGT.com

New to NorCal

PhiTauFord

I just want to say hello to my fellow NorCal owners (and to-be owners). I just moved to San Jose from Philadelphia to pursue a job opportunity. Since I am new to the area I'm going to be looking to you guys (and gals) to point me in the right direction for good buys and shops to have some work done.

It's great to be in NorCal . . . the weather is fantastic (Missed all that rain you all had) and the scenery is beautiful. Looking forward to some great drives!!

There's Auto HQ for service down in your area. In the North Bay, there is LIC Motorsports...well worth the drive from anywhere.

You just missed a drive last weekend, where we had a couple of Legacy owners out playing on the backroads...just ask them...

...and welcome.

Welcome to the neighborhood. If you're looking for a good drive in the area, here's a couple of the better ones:

Calaveras Road in Hayward, CA.

Skyline Boulevard down to Santa Cruz

Of course Highway 1 from half moon bay down to Santa Cruz.

-Christian

the weather is fantastic (Missed all that rain you all had) and the scenery is beautiful.

Welcome, and here's the rain for you. ;) I miss Southern California weather (I just moved up here last summer)... But, coming from Philadelphia, I understand. I lived in Erie, PA during winter a few years back, and that was horrible. :p

-Mike-

Welcome, and if you need anything for your Subaru, take the extra 30 or 40 minutes to drive to Subaru Santa Cruz since Stevens Creek is terrible!

+1 amen to that!

looking for legacy parts? go hit up gruppe-s @ http://www.gruppe-s.com or go visit them up @ hayward or contact them here on the forums.

you can always hit up 16psibrick for custom audio installs and work.

good luck and wave to the few rare legacy owners here.

-- yay for the sig! --

my garage!

Welcome to the neighborhood. If you're looking for a good drive in the area, here's a couple of the better ones:

Calaveras Road in Hayward, CA.

Skyline Boulevard down to Santa Cruz

Of course Highway 1 from half moon bay down to Santa Cruz.

-Christian

All good drives. After September, the portion of Highway 1 north of Half Moon Bay known as Devil's slide will reopen. Makes a nice drive into San Francisco.

Welcome to NorCal.

Thanks for the warm welcome! I did see the thread on the drive you guys had last week . . . I'll be looking forward to the next one.

Thanks for the info on the parts and service as well as the heads up on the dealerships . . . always a good idea to know the do's and dont's when it comes to the local dealerships.

I suppose I did speak too soon about the weather. Oh well! Still better than Philly.

+1 for avoiding Stevens Creek Subaru. Worst dealership in the bay area bar none. I was lucky to be warned about them before I bought my LGT. I only went there to test drive and they were in a pain in the ass to deal with.

thanks again for the info! Not looking to be in a dealership until I buy my next LGT (knock on wood).

Do any of you know of or have been to any good drag strips in the area? Anyone do any autocross that can point me in the right direction?

+1 for highway 9 from saratoga to santa cruz. I take it every day to get to and from work. Though it can get a bit congested after boulder creek. But definatally worth the drive.

Ben (2014 Outback SAP w/ eyesite, 2014 Tribeca Limited, 2006 LGT limited sedan)

Subaru Ambassador PNW

good buys and shops to have some work done.

Groupe-s, crucial, uhh.... yah, the bay area is a hot market for subarus according to their sales guys at least so you can probly get subaru parts in a 7-11.

"i like my women the way i like terrorists...

...screaming gods name and ready to explode."

http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/5479/troy3nu5.jpg

Welcome to the Bay Area. You'll find that there are lots of Subies out here.

As for a good independent shop, I would recommend Kunos in Redwood City. They were a Subaru-only shop for a while and only recently added Honda, IIRC.

For alignments, I use Custom Alignment in Mountain View.

For dealerships and warranty work, Santa Cruz Subaru or Carlsen.

Ken

Hello, Welcome!

+1 for Custom Alignment in Mountain View, nobody else comes close for tire mounting and alignment.

Carlsen has a good service department, they have always been straight up with me, and my family. Though, I do all my own service now, and LIC motorsprorts will do anything else.

Let me know if you have any install questions, there is not much I haven't taken apart & put back together on my car now.

good info, appreciate it.

I live in the south bay. Anyone know of any drag strips? I've been searching online and most tracks seem to be north of san francisco. There is no way I'd make it to any of those tracks during their test-n-tune (Weekdays).

Help?!

Archived