LegacyGT.com

Aluminium Undercover

chibisak

OK, I'll bite, Where did you get this, or did you make it, if it isn't on your car, where might one get it? Any protection from the elements for the engine, and how well do you think it'll stand up, itself? Does it affect underhood heat? Interesting, though. Might be well complemented by an STi front spoiler, of course! :)

[quote name='Drift Monkey'][quote name='BoxerGT2.5']Now how do you get to the oil filter with that thing...lol...take it off everytime...PTA!!!![/quote] But so....pretty....[/quote] It's under the car.....lol. Not exactly body kit pretty... :D
OBAMA......One Big Ass Mistake America!

[quote name='BoxerGT2.5'][quote name='Drift Monkey'][quote name='BoxerGT2.5']Now how do you get to the oil filter with that thing...lol...take it off everytime...PTA!!!![/quote] But so....pretty....[/quote] It's under the car.....lol. Not exactly body kit pretty... :D[/quote] You don't appreciate true beauty I guess. Function over form. :wink:

[quote name='BoxerGT2.5']Now how do you get to the oil filter with that thing...lol...take it off everytime...PTA!!!![/quote] Not really - I have a skid plate like that on my WRX, its just a few bolts. I'd be interested in getting one for my GT also .

[quote name='IwannaSportSedan']OK, I'll bite, Where did you get this, or did you make it, if it isn't on your car, where might one get it? Any protection from the elements for the engine, and how well do you think it'll stand up, itself? Does it affect underhood heat? Interesting, though. Might be well complemented by an STi front spoiler, of course! :)[/quote] IWSS, It is sell by a company call Laile in japan, is about 180USD. It is not on my car so cant tell you how good are they. [img]http://image.www.rakuten.co.jp/laile/img1001944532.jpeg[/img] It secured by 5-6 screws to the bumper and engine. i think they have made one for WRX STi as well as picture below [img]http://image.www.rakuten.co.jp/laile/img1001662088.jpeg[/img] They claim the product is improves the rectification effect of the underside at the high-speed and generates downforce. In addition the flow of the air which is involved in the engine compartment is held down and heat rise of the engine is prevented. [/img]

[quote name='chibisak'] They claim the product is improves the rectification effect of the underside at the high-speed and generates downforce. In addition the flow of the air which is involved in the engine compartment is held down and heat rise of the engine is prevented. [/quote] Um... ok. Why Subaru don't skidplate? :lol:

[quote name='squirrel-bait'][quote name='chibisak'] They claim the product is improves the rectification effect of the underside at the high-speed and generates downforce. In addition the flow of the air which is involved in the engine compartment is held down and heat rise of the engine is prevented. [/quote] Um... ok. Why Subaru don't skidplate? :lol:[/quote] Kinda like why subaru don't hatchback I guess... :P

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='Deer Killer'][quote name='B4_Maniac']Hold up..I don't think those are stock control arms. As far as I know the JDM model does not have aluminum control arms.[/quote] What do you want me to say? Your wrong.[/quote] Nah..just one less part to be jelouse about.

[quote name='B4_Maniac'][quote name='Deer Killer'][quote name='B4_Maniac']Hold up..I don't think those are stock control arms. As far as I know the JDM model does not have aluminum control arms.[/quote] What do you want me to say? Your wrong.[/quote] Nah..just one less part to be jelouse about.[/quote] eh, no it raises a bigger question, why is the JDM legacy 200lbs lighter? I'm reading ~3150. They also have more gadgets than we do. Those are some very heavy parts, it would be easy to get most of that 200 by going to aluminum.

Most deffinatly, and it did get some of its major weight saveings from going to aluminum.But, I am not sure if they had to increase the streangth of the side impact bars in the doors adding to weight or not. Japan also uses a diffrent glass then the USDM, they are not required to use safty glass like we are here. It doens't ball up when broken. But, very few cars come with aluminum control arms, and I don't belive they Leggy does for any market.

Archived