LegacyGT.com

Legacy GT vs. Acura TSX... in R&T

Hey guys, really tired after a long day of travelling, so if this has been posted I apologize. But in El Centro AZ today I went into a seven 11 today and was noticing the new Automobile magazine on the rack- looks like a good issue by the way- cool cars and a write up on the new RL. Then there was the new Road and Track out with a new overview of the 2005 cars. Then at the top it said Subaru Legact GT Ltd. vs. Acura TSX. It was an article by Dennis Simantis and Andrew Bornhop (sp?). There was no Volvo, or Audi. As for the result? Lets say is formally contradicts the findings of Car and Driver. Read- the Legacy GT won. Just thought I'd pass it along :!:

[quote name='tallguylehigh']Hey guys, really tired after a long day of travelling, so if this has been posted I apologize. But in El Centro AZ today I went into a seven 11 today and was noticing the new Automobile magazine on the rack- looks like a good issue by the way- cool cars and a write up on the new RL. Then there was the new Road and Track out with a new overview of the 2005 cars. Then at the top it said Subaru Legact GT Ltd. vs. Acura TSX. It was an article by Dennis Simantis and Andrew Bornhop (sp?). There was no Volvo, or Audi. As for the result? Lets say is formally contradicts the findings of Car and Driver. Read- the Legacy GT won. Just thought I'd pass it along :!:[/quote] HA! Subaru snobs unite!!!!1111

[quote name='SchnellerGT']Aren't you referring to the recent C&D article? If so, here are the results: 4) Audi 1.8T (FWD) 3) Subaru Legacy 2.5GT (AWD) 2) Volvo S40 T5 (FWD) 1) Acura TSX (FWD)[/quote] Nope not talking about Car and Driver, I am talking about Road and Track, where the Legacy beat out the TSX. They referred to the Legacy as a mature STi, and the TSX as a mature RSX.

[quote name='axis008']Road & Track was ALWAYS a better magazine than Car and Driver, hahaha. I will now shamefully admit I was a subscriber to C&D for like seven years since I was like six years old :( (I loved the pictures!).[/quote] From a photography point of view, I think CAR magazine (from the UK) has the best automotive pictures.

Well its good to hear some praise from a car mag on the LGT. Personally i don't really care what they say, i am happy. However, They need to acknowledge what the LGT has to offer. I would even rate the tsx interior higher than the LGT, but what the legacy offers in performance blows the tsx away! The way i looked at it, was TSX was all interior. If i went this route i would have all the goodies...however the engine and performance aspect of the tsx doesn't really do it for me...hence the LGT won out...and i am happier than ever...

You know I've been reading non-stop about this LGT TSX comparo that I have to admit, I was dreaming about it last night when I went to sleep. I dreamt that I stepped in to the TSX and was expecting this awesome interior, from what I read on the board. It felt crampt and unappealing and I was confused :lol:

Oh man.... Where is my Road and Track??? I let my subscription of C&D run out last month and will not be renewing it; I have been subscribed to C&D for over 3 years now. I will instead subscribe to Auto Week. I find C&D to have gotten worse in the past few years, taking good cars and giving them God-awful reviews, and taking certain cars and giving praise even when praise shouldn't be given. - Mike

Me too (or four?)!! I have subscriptions to both R&T and C&D. Saw the latest C&D at Borders earlier this week but kept myself from paging through it... figured I'd get it pretty soon. I thought having a subscription meant you'd get it before the newsstands, or at least at the same time... bummed D

[quote name='Daverino']Me too (or four?)!! I have subscriptions to both R&T and C&D. Saw the latest C&D at Borders earlier this week but kept myself from paging through it... figured I'd get it pretty soon. D[/quote] Yes...nothing is better than the anticipation of a new issue of a mag comming. And then when you think all hope is lost and you check the mail it is there...and you know it is off to the potty for a good hour. :lol:
OBAMA......One Big Ass Mistake America!

Archived