LegacyGT.com

Legacy GT vs. Acura TSX... in R&T

[quote name='SUBE555']BoxerGT2.5 :lol: At least it's not too far from the truth. Some of us have got our best reading in the temple. :P Hmm, almost makes me want to go to the loca Barnes just to check out the R&D review.[/quote] I know what ya mean......but between running to get the mag and the potty my work day would almost be done. :)
OBAMA......One Big Ass Mistake America!

Guest JessterCPA
[quote name='jedimaster']Damn! Our Barnes and Noble doesn't let us take merchandise into the restrooms.[/quote] Please tell me all B&N adhere to this rule. Yuck. :?

Actually its true... the "gotcha" was meant for the lie that the TSX won. I swear to all that is holy in my life, and that includes my Subaru Legacy GT, that the Subaru Legacy GT Limited defeated the Acura TSX in Road and Track. Both cars tested were black, and the TSX had the navigation system (I think) and the Subaru tested was the Subaru Legacy GT Limited, so it was different than the Car and Driver comparison. I was quite serious about the results of the comparison test, in my original post. I was just trying to make a goof with you guys, and I think my "gotcha" at the end confused things more. I apologize for any hurt that I have caused, but you will all see on the header of the newest Road and Track that my scoop was official. My sincerest apologies. :( tallguy

Ah don't worry as with you and many enthusiast out there it is difficult to comprehend how the "specialized " press can not see past the sheet metal or a set of lousy tires. The car is a huge peice of engineering and this will infact hurt it more than help it. I can assure you that this car is the real deal, it is nimble,fast , sleek, accurate, comfortable and the best thing about it is the chasis (contrary to some press articles out there) unfortunatly this car and like soo many Subaru products it is an enthusiast car you do need to know your s*&^ to understand this car. But like soo many owners once you own it in 90% of cases you will love it. I know I do, if only I did not have to buy 15/16" compomotives TH to get some good winter rubber on the car I would be happier, but then again I love the brakes so I will not bitch and will see if I can find a deal on some compos or again maybe get lucky on finding 16" steels that will fit.

I got my R&T today. Review was less extensive than the C&D one. Two reviewers -- one preferred the TSX, one preferred the GT. The one set of scores (a compromise, I guess?) had the GT winning 585 to 579. 0-60 5.6 (TSX 7.8 ) 1/4 14.3 @96.2 (TSX 15.9 @90.4) skidpad .79g (TSX .78g) Both were given 20 points for handling, unlike C&D which rated TSX much higher. TSX rated better in steering, gearbox, and brakes, similar to C&D. GT was a bit faster through the slalom (64.9 vs. 64.0). Both reviewers seemed to agree that TSX was a tighter ride i.e. firmer and less body roll. But they noted the AWD advantage through the corners. TSX's inside front wheel would spin while exiting. The gave the nod to the GT for exterior styling. Interior styling they preferred the TSX. The guy who preferred the GT likened it to a grownup WRX STI. He liked pretty much everything but the gearshift which he found "long-stroked and undefined". Gas mileage for the test was 20.0 for GT and 24.3 for TSX. Overall a very good review!

That sounds like a more objective review. The skidpad is pretty interesting between the two. Im curious as to what it would have been with better tires. I guess the only magazine that would probably realize the car comes with crap tires and therefore change them would be Sports Compact Car. Hope they do a review soon...
"Gimme mines Balboa...Gimme mines".....Clubber Lang - Mr. T

Archived