LegacyGT.com

Swifts Installed (Finally) pics attached

Postman

Added a couple of befores @ members request. Sorry I don't have any of the whole car

Took me forever but finished!! Ride is excellent, brake and acceleration dive

90 percent eliminated and body lean significantly decreased. Only problem is that they moderately clunk and make a binding noise. I did them myself and I am near 100 pct sure I did it right. I hope they just have to seat for a while.

Enjoy

Dominick

IMG_0153.jpg.4b52456f31e1b4ebb2bc3c114b8ad102.jpg

IMG_0154.jpg.2823c3bd9b9a0747002959d4732bd0b3.jpg

IMG_0156.jpg.6bca4bd777077b51f39cadedcfb46845.jpg

IMG_0157.jpg.fd3d50bd7c6d863a6f4f12e81603399b.jpg

IMG_0158.jpg.2bf3c8c56acc8f3a93905dd6579ce27c.jpg

IMG_0159.jpg.07922ac34615e81205d897e463fea55d.jpg

IMG_0020.JPG.1812508de2ed39e544c0b29766e97b17.JPG

IMG_0021.JPG.0ac547fb8748f9aa5a416d31f11ccdc9.JPG

IMG_0025.JPG.4d7743e79d3d08e0bee6a8d45058117d.JPG

IMG_0024.JPG.004ecc16be5cc20dbb042e3311ddd10a.JPG

really weird, i had aftermarket springs on my integra and never had any weird noises and yet i've heard people with many diff types of coils or coilovers complain about the clunk on ours, even those without extra swaybars/trailing arms. why is that?

hey post man nice car identical to mine now you just need a subastyled grill..my whiteline springs did the same thing maybe the front pass side??? mine went away unless I'm going real slow turning hard..great job man..grp is gorgeous..

Subastyle, thanks for the props, I will give the noise a few thousand miles and see if it goes away/settles. I think it is coming from the rubber ring that meets the spring up top. Grill and wheels next. I cant keep my eyes off the Volk gts or gtc(s)....but 3K not avail @ this time. Just remebered your making the grills what was that $ 75 right,,, I am in for one but no paypal, can send money order and grill, I am looking for deep black minimum gloss but not flat, can u do it?

Thanks, Ill send u a pm if u dont c this

Silverfool I have no idea could be all wheels drive ? or design of front struts, but the ride is vastly improved for less than $ 300

i think it looks great! i almost went with the swift springs myself

as for the noise- make sure you rotated the springs in the perch to line up perfectly -just a guess......

You are correct, if they are making noise something is not aligned right.

i think my noise is my sway bar also..as for wheels i am picking up a set of 18s 10 spoke on the 20th from keefe. They are whit and need to be redone i cant make my mind up gunmetal, gold or bronze,, i think gunmetal may go with my car though because of tint and blacked out headlights.

H2OSB & Dr. Pepper if u guys remember pls chime in after u complete your install and let me know if u hear any minor clunk/rubbery friction/binding sounds @ standstill (turning wheel) and low speed driving. I am not going to stress (alot) over this cause I think its a lowering spring on a strut that can only allow for so much tension. I am 30pct certain it is just the top of the spring binding on the top plate rubber cap...Pls be that

I had my Tein H-Techs installed by Precision Tuning last week and I'm getting the same clunk. I'll be calling them back to take another look at it.

BTW - got them from JSC Speed for $159 with the LGT.com discount!!!!

My VB Garage... Pumping the air back into despair

I've changed a few sets of springs and IMO, the only way to get a clunk is to not install the bearing right-side up or not tighten down the top nut all the way.
I forgot what I was supposed to remember.

Took me forever but finished!! Ride is excellent, brake and acceleration dive

90 percent eliminated and body lean significantly decreased. Only problem is that they moderately clunk and make a binding noise. I did them myself and I am near 100 pct sure I did it right. I hope they just have to seat for a while.

Enjoy

Dominick

Sounds like the top hat may not be seated properly and it could have twisted when tighten the top hat to cause a minor mis-alignment... check again?

Keefe

Keefe..

I am going to pull them again in a few thousand miles... Just want to enjoy my labor for a little while...

To everyone.....Thanks for input a few people have pm'd for before and afters,,,,I have to find the befores...

Dominick

• 2 weeks later...
Just got my Swifts for my wagon. As to noise, there is a small slip of paper in the box that says to be sure to remove the "silent tubes" from the original springs and install them on the Swifts. "Failure to do so may cause unwanted noise." Heck, I have no idea what a "silent tube" is, which is why I'm not installing them myself!

H2OSB & Dr. Pepper if u guys remember pls chime in after u complete your install and let me know if u hear any minor clunk/rubbery friction/binding sounds @ standstill (turning wheel) and low speed driving. I am not going to stress (alot) over this cause I think its a lowering spring on a strut that can only allow for so much tension. I am 30pct certain it is just the top of the spring binding on the top plate rubber cap...Pls be that

Will do. Sorry for taking so long to respond to this...just read it. I installed spring set after spring set on my old VW GTI race car so I shouldn't have any difficulties with the install. I plan on doing my install in the next couple of weeks.

The important thing with suspension work is attention to detail...remember, not only is the suspension supporting the entire weight of your car, but if things get off during install, you have extreme pressure holding everything in it's outta whack position.

BTW, I got mine from Mann Engineering for $299 shipped.

H2OSB

Archived