LegacyGT.com

Cabin Air Filter should be STANDARD equipment

This is a nice feel-good mod; I think it'll be worth the effort -- fairly simple; and thankfully, sube interior clips are waaay more forgiving than those on my old acura, didn't break one :woohoo:

Thanks to dimil for the install write, and caramall2 for the install link and box-mod write.

vkchu: I also have an early build 05; I'd be very surprised if your car wasn't equipped to do the diy install. As caramall suggested, pull out the top 'shelf' of the glove box, and flash a light in to see if the tray is in there. If it is, go for it!

This is a nice feel-good mod; I think it'll be worth the effort -- fairly simple; and thankfully, sube interior clips are waaay more forgiving than those on my old acura, didn't break one :woohoo:

Thanks to dimil for the install write, and caramall2 for the install link and box-mod write.

vkchu: I also have an early build 05; I'd be very surprised if your car wasn't equipped to do the diy install. As caramall suggested, pull out the top 'shelf' of the glove box, and flash a light in to see if the tray is in there. If it is, go for it!

called another subie dealer-they say it's doable.

guess y'all were right.

jazzy's aux in ipod adaptor is enough fiddling around w/ stuff for me (im amazed i got it to work), so im gonna this install to the 'pros.' id say it's worth the 100 or so...

if you can install the aux in mod this is a walk in the park. I've been inside and out of my car during my carputer project.

I'm probablly not gonna do this tho :lol: my aux in runs through the glovebox and I have a LOT of wires to deal with for this as a result :p

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

my dealer tells me that my car is unable to accept the retrofit kit.

2005MY legacy gt, so its prob built 04 sometime.

i can provide my vin if someone would be able to confirm.

does this sound right? seems like this is possible across all the MYs from what ive been reading.

additionally, if anybody is in the north bergen cty nj/ny area, i would be willing to pay someone to have this done for me w/ the 3m filtrete(?) filters.

As I understand it early 05's are what the retrofit kit is intended for since the later ones have it already installed.

I agree but I'd venture a guess that they're very similar. Besides, I'm sure the average Camry buyer thinks the Ionic Breeze is the greatest thing ever.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

• 2 months later...

I just did mine after little over a year. :eek: .. man it was filthy. I think I am going to do it every 6 months now. I am not paying $45 for it anymore though, I will just use a furnace filter and cut it up like some of you did.

Here is a picture of it removed. I wonder if that's why my AC didn't work so well lately.

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff290/xgoralx/IMG_0355.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
I just did mine after little over a year. :eek: .. man it was filthy. I think I am going to do it every 6 months now. I am not paying $45 for it anymore though, I will just use a furnace filter and cut it up like some of you did.

Here is a picture of it removed. I wonder if that's why my AC didn't work so well lately.

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff290/xgoralx/th_IMG_0355.jpg

Isn't it incredible how much stuff makes it onto the filter? I'm kinda surprised people have seen leaves flying out of their vents! Maybe it's all trapped by the AC/heating condensers which would be a bad thing too.

Well after work I went ahead and did this. Have to say it's not half as bad as it looks. Anyone happen to have the part number for the replacement glove box for the 05's? Rather this take 5 mins vs 30-45 mins

If you have the glove box apart, the part number should be stamped somewhere.

Archived