LegacyGT.com

Bought a Honda Fit for the wife tonight

Our POS Geo was really starting to die, we looked at the Scion XA and the Honda fit as well as the Yaris. I did like the exterior styling of the XA better but that's it. The yaris was so bare bones that for the few options like abs and power windows would put it at the same $ as the XA.

The fit has more interior room, better "magic" seats, 5 speed auto with paddle shifters, fogs alloys, 200 Watt stereo for a little over 16k. We use it to go to the train station and she runs errands on weekends. We pick it up tomorrow, got a grey sport. It will be a cool car, lots of room typical honda reliability and great gas mileage. But yeah, it sure isn't a looker :lol:

Mike you know you want a ride in it!

Congrats on the purchase Dave. Let me know how it is because down the road I'd like to get something like this to commute to work. You're a complete Honda man through and through now.

Oh yeah, thanks again for the cubby I appreciate it.

C & D rated the Fit first over virtually all other small cars, even though it was actually the smallest of the lot. Looks like a great city/suburban commuter, but definately not a long distance cruser. Honda fit and finish, very good economy and the best handling in the class by far. Sounds like a good choice.

Was you dealer willing to give you a decent deal or are they still scarce enough that they are getting full MSRP ?

Heavy Metal Killed Beethoven

Support Classical Music

yeah but you get some decent stuff..5 sp auto with paddles, front side and side curtain air bags, power everything, alloys, fogs, body kit :lol: a Scion with comparable options would be similar in price.

OK, well I won't rain on your parade. Enjoy the new car. I did see one at the NAIAS this year and the interior was surprisingly nice.

you can get one for $13k without all the goodies. I drove a Fit Sport 5sp tonight. No power. Nice car. No power. Dealer wanted $20K for theirs after adding a $500 grille, $2000 HPT wheel package, $700 appearance pkg, and $250 floor mats plus a few other overpriced goodies. When I built the same car online, it came to $16k, so you see the gouge factor for someone too dumb to check the price. Oh, did I say that the car has no power? :lol:

you can get one for $13k without all the goodies. I drove a Fit Sport 5sp tonight. No power. Nice car. No power. Dealer wanted $20K for theirs after adding a $500 grille, $2000 HPT wheel package, $700 appearance pkg, and $250 floor mats plus a few other overpriced goodies. When I built the same car online, it came to $16k, so you see the gouge factor for someone too dumb to check the price. Oh, did I say that the car has no power? :lol:

Exactly my point.. $16k for a car with a hair over 100hp?? $13k does sound more reasonable. I couldn't imagine Honda dealers asking $20k for a loaded one. Wait, yes I can :lol:

BUT, I will say that the interior quality tops the Yaris and xA, hands down. It will be interesting to see what happens when the Nissan Cube is released in the U.S.

Archived