LegacyGT.com

Gialla Angel eyes installed

mudfoot

I ordered a bmw kit today that has the same rectangular ballast/starter box as ours except this one has 2 connecters because this kit comes with 4 rings.... a guy at my job has this kit on bmw and the ballast looks exact... i'll keep you guys posted once i get in and install it..

Got Torque ?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ok i got my angel eyes i ordered from ebay today.... and to my surprise they sent me the wrong ones.... not that i ever cared about the angel eyes themselves... i only wanted the starter/ballast ... well low and behold they sent me the wrong units which was good for me... they sent me ones for a ford focus and the halos are the same ones i paid 165 for in the group buy... except now i paid about 58 dollars total and i recieved 4 halos...3 out of the 4 work... both ballasts work:icon_bigg the box says there for a ford focus..the model number on the box is #AATMA010The first photo is what i recieved, second one is what i thought they were sending and the third group of pics confused me as to what i would recieve... Im happy

DSCF0200.thumb.JPG.b3958060e4f184a3bfd604bc01b1ad4e.JPG

ccfl2.jpg.7664a364ff30879c6055b5648b6e2940.jpg

angeleyes-e462d04.thumb.jpg.0fe7c93c244c9af7e963cf516fac9f46.jpg

Got Torque ?

^ Those look like LED-based halos....

I'm confused - I thought that the Giallas were CCFL?

That would account for the big price difference.....

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

If they were LED's then they would not need a ballast. I can see other vendors selling this cheaper since they all probably come from the same factory.

X

---

^ Good point about the transformer - didn't think of that. :)

Looks like much cheaper CCFLs are hitting the market! Good news for all! :D

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

that still sucks that you got get 3 of those for the price of the gialla, which are def not a better quality. falling apart right out fo the box is not a good start. anyways at least you have plenty of extra parts now and they will finally work again. def seal up those ballast boxes better. they are a joke. cant wait for pics.

peace

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

They are Exactly the same.... CCFL for 58 bucks shipped from ebay

I'm confused - I thought that the Giallas were CCFL?

That would account for the big price difference.....

Got Torque ?

They are Exactly the same.... CCFL for 58 bucks shipped from ebay

^ DAMN! Now that's what I call a bargian!

Time for me to get some myself - to just play with! :D

Thanks!

• 2 months later...

Guys!

Need some help and ASAP!

Tried posting back in the GB forum but no response thus far. How do you wire up the Gialla DDE's inside the hood(after the light). I noticed RPM's has a wiring harness.

Do the Gialla ones require one too? Just help me out with how to wire these puppies up so I can get started... Don't want to take apart the car until I know they work and I know how to do it.

Thanks,

Mike

Just to clarify, this is what my Gialla kit came with. Got the two rings and the two ballasts or whatever they are.

Have a brown(-) and gray(+) wire. Do we need more than this? RPM's kit has something to hook up to the battery...I don't.

If it is the case that I do indeed need one, what are the chances that I could fab one myself?

Let me know Blackened, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Photo010.thumb.jpg.d37f132d6298328db136a1723f474523.jpg

that's exactly what I got...I haven't installed these yet. I was thinking of the little ballast as the wiring harnes that you were talking about in your previous post. There are at least 3 people that have installed these. Hopefully they chime in soon for ya.

Good luck

Alright, figured how to wire them up now...will post the actual details when I get a chance....

BUT it appears one of my halos is not working. The other is fine and both ballasts are fine. What am I to do???

I hope I don't have to buy another set...these took quite a dent from my pocket.

Also managed to electricute my finger....stupid me I got so mad I forgot to disconnect the ground and got a nice little jolt...

i bet anything the wire is loose in the white connector going into the halo. its really fragile.

what did you do to fix this? Gonna go try and see if I can do something now to it. Would hate to have to wait for a replacement if I can even get one.

I noticed that it sounds like something is loose within the ring... The other one has no sound at all. Almost as if the ring came unglued inside the tube or maybe even broke. The wiring seems to be alright tho.

what did you do to fix this? Gonna go try and see if I can do something now to it. Would hate to have to wait for a replacement if I can even get one.

I noticed that it sounds like something is loose within the ring... The other one has no sound at all. Almost as if the ring came unglued inside the tube or maybe even broke. The wiring seems to be alright tho.

we just pushed the wire back into place then epoxied the $h!t out of it so it didnt come loose again. one of the rings was falling apart also around the connection. well the back was coming off. the metal part. epoxied that too. seriously though you should sand down the 3 chrome points and mount the rings flush. i wish mud would post some pics. def the cleanest and best way to install them. you can then just mount using the double side tape thats on the back of them and just a little epoxy for safety.

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

• 1 year later...
Hey guys...I've been reading up on these "Halos", and I'm very interested. Maybe someone can help me with one question...about wiring. My fog-lights are removed...and I would like to plug these into the fog-light connectors so they work as if they were fog-lights. Possible?
KevinH

You'll need to splice into the fog's wiring, or, alternatively, use the couplers from your fog-light, splice them to the end of the wiring for the "eyes," to directly clip into the existing harness.

But yes, this is definitely possible.

My "eyes" are slaved to the parking/marker lights, but it's just as easy to do the same to the fogs. :)

I have the partial-circle ones from RPM, so I can't say, directly, about the Gialla.

However, I do believe that yes, you'll still need the transformers.

FWIW, I used the transformers with mine. I don't think that the supplied amperage/voltage would be correct, to operate the CCFLs, without the transformers.

Unfortunately, I have only a very, very basic understanding of electronics (after all, I was a biology major in college, and I'm now a biological scientist) :redface: - I am afraid I can't be of much help in this respect, but yes, I do believe that the transformers are necessary, no matter how you've rigged things.

Archived