LegacyGT.com

Gialla Angel eyes installed

mudfoot

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No problem, bro.... I wish you the best! :)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

sorry to hear that....I wish I were more savy when it comes to electricty... it seems you would e able to make something up with parts from radio shack... If I remember right, doesnt it take the 12 volts and step it down to 3 volts?

ok, i now have a problem with mine :(.....one light is out..well not completely..there is about a 1/4-1/2 inch of visible light coming out of one side where the wires go into the eye...but thats it...it has power so i cant figure out what is wrong with it..anyone know if i can order just one replacement???

Got Torque ?

if anyone is sure on that i would be more than willing to try..howeverm, if my light isnt already fried i would prefer not to fry it..i do have it wired in through a fuse if that would help decrease the likelyhood of crapping it out..so if someone knows that i would need to get from radio shack please let me know and i;ll try it.

well that is an idea i may try out when the time comes...however i dont have that problem since they really dont work right now..and at this point the seperate switch is done, i just tapped into my old intercooler sprayer switch under my steering wheel.

bump for anyone with electronics knowledge that knows if buying one of those from radio shack will work or only make things worse?? if it will work are there more than one kind to get, and if so what do i need to ask for? thanks for any help

Hi is it possible to open up the box and post up a pic.

Wat i did was diy a resistor 220ohms half watt and a fuse to light up the 3V led using 12V supply.

Direct 12 V supply to 3V LED will fry the LED. i have plenty of cooked LEDs. :lol:

by placing a resistor before the lights(LED) brings down the 12V supply to cater for the 3V usage. Positive side.

In my own knowledge.

Regards.

^ Here's where my lack of electrical savvy (honest - I'm not trying to be a smartass or anything!) becomes a problem. :(

That's true for LEDs, but I thought that this particular set of halos are CCFLs.

Does the above scenario carry-true for CCFL?

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

one of my halos just went out. i HOPE it's just the wire disconnected itself. if it has burnt out.. what should i do? do i have to buy a new set?? or is there some kind of warentee like the other angel eyes?

super pissed~!... like i've opened my headlights 7 times already.. and planned this to be the last.... i have to wait until tomorrow morning to check if they are disconnected of not. but i still wonder about the warentee. i remember reading that the rpm's have life time warentee or something... hope everything turns out fine tho...

when you say went out, i assume you mean there is NO light coming from it..mine only glows a slight bit on one side of the break int he CCFL..so i'm hopig a new transformer will do the trick

yep... no light at all... if the problem is not because the wire is loose... than what would have caused the problem with the transformer??

when you say went out, i assume you mean there is NO light coming from it..mine only glows a slight bit on one side of the break int he CCFL..so i'm hopig a new transformer will do the trick

same thing happend to muds when the wire was loose going into the ring itself. then it fell out. then we fixed it. woo woo!

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

i wiggled the wires..they are secure..i think my transformer went out...i shocked the ever living bejesus out of myself on that thing, there was some kind of short or something in it and i made all the wrong connections with my fingers. Melted, plastic, melted skin and loss of feeling in most of my arm ensued. I was a retard for not d/c power yes..too late for that so lesson learned the hard way.

However, i am inclined to believe that if i can just find a suitable replacement for my transformer i can get mine back online. But i havent located a place to buy a 12v down to 3v transformer and tide hasnt replied yet to let me know if i can get a replacement one from gialla or an entire light replacement..as much as i would hate to do a light all over, its better than having them in their and not working for the rest of the cars life. I'll do what i gotta do to get it working, just need a little luck and help along the way.

p.s....i think moisture was the culprit..just so happens the day the light went out it was pissing and pouring.

p.s....i think moisture was the culprit..just so happens the day the light went out it was pissing and pouring.

now that i think of it... the one that went out is the side that was leaking.... i know that when i turned on the car that night... they were both running... and i noticed some moisture inside that housing. the drive home.. there was also a bumpy road... so there are two possibilities.

• 2 weeks later...

well me and mud went round two with these damn things. sanded down the 3 notches in the bezel and mounted the ring flush. we also painted the bezel black. looks 100000000000x better and def adds an evil look to the car. looks almost stock now. but unfortunatley mud will have to go round three becuase for no reason at all one of the ballasts decided it was done working. all we did was un hook it then when we hooked it back up it no longer worked. from the first day when the wires fell out of the ring to this i ahve to say these things are ridiculously fragile and a PITA!!!!! however his cars looks mean with them even with them off!!! hopefully he will post a couple pics. mmm def also brought the SI over and we hit up some 360 so it was an ok day. mud is still a little pissed so not sure when he'll want to talk about it.

peace

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

Archived