LegacyGT.com

Heading to Florida.....Info wanted

Why

Sorry it not about cars but I'm taking the family to Disney World and was wondering what other places we should check out everglades etc.

Thanks in advance from downunder.

Craig

Probably a week in Florida.....then off to Jamaica for a week then to the west coast to visit one of my customers....Will be hiring a car. Left hand drive now I havent driven on the wrong side of the road for 15 years it will be interesting. Please note the Romans who i guess were the first people to drive a vehicle (their chariots) drove them on the left hand side of the road.

Disney World and Univeral Studios are good family theme parks in the Orlando area, also the Kennedy Space Center is not very far away (about an hour) and is a fun and interesting place to go, plus it's colse to some great beaches. The everglades are about 3-4 hours away from Orlando by car so that might be a stretch.

And if you think driving on the left side of the car is scary! Wait til you see how people drive in Central Florida! ;)

Guest *Jedimaster*
Disney, Seaworld, Epcot, MGM and Universal are the ones I have to do when I go.

Sorry it not about cars but I'm taking the family to Disney World and was wondering what other places we should check out everglades etc.

Thanks in advance from downunder.

Craig

I'm actually in Orlando now doing the Disney thing as my wife is attending a trade show down here. Pick up a Disney travel book to find out how to best take advantage of what Disney has to offer. My wife used a Frommers book for some good info on how to schedule lots of hard to reserve stuff (like dinner with characters, etc.). Book also gave opinions on what is worth the spend. Age of kids will probably determine what's best to do...

Besides Disney, we'll be doing the Sea World thing and I'll be taking a day from the wife / kids to do the Richard Petty experience with my dad.

The Aussies seemed to like Gatorland yesterday. Park was full of em! If you have a couple of hours to kill, it's cheesy but was great for my 3 1/2 year old.

The hotels even offer a lot to do. The Gaylord Palms Resort is amazing! While the wife is busy working at the convention, the kids are perfectly happy sticking around here to swim and play mini golf.

My VB Garage... Pumping the air back into despair

• 2 weeks later...

Its booked.....getting a 5 day Disney World Pass, The Kennedy Space Centre,

Universal Studios then off the Miami to do the Everglades.........Next stop Jamaica.

Sorry to be OT, but the Romans did that because their shields were on their right hand, and if they drove the other way, it would be totally useless.

To stay off topic, even in medievel Britain, they were driving (or riding) on the left hand side of the road. It comes from how the majority of the population are right handed, and mount their steed from the raised sidewalk on the left side of it. You would then naturally be on the left side of the road.

Archived