LegacyGT.com

30+ mpg Legacy GT !!!

Well it finally happened. I guess the planets and the stars were in perfect harmony today at exactly 6:12pm

...... I managed to break the "30.0 avg. mpg" barrier.

30.3 mpg to be exact (pic below)

It happened while I was cruising along the Blue Ridge Parkway in Upstate North Carolina.

I attribute the unusually high mpg to the parkway's steep ascents and descents, the 45 mph posted speed limit

and the CD by 'Beck' I had in the player at the time.

.........then again, my Legacy's MPG Meter is a piece of s**t and it could have been lying to me the entire day.
:iam:

LGTmpg.JPG.5b498f8a66e58776451b8095eb4f557e.JPG

i've managed 42-47 constant on flat stretches for a few miles at a time before...elevation changes will drop that number quickly, but flat..piece of cake...i had my tripometer at about 115 miles once and i was averaging 38.7ish.

stay out of boost, you'll get all kinds of gas milage. You'll also have a line of pissed off drivers behind you.... high mpg rates can be made, but you have to drive like a granny. No offense those of you who do drive like grannys, or have grannys that drive slow. :lol:

2012 Forester XT. Stage 2+

Retired from Racing. I used to build FMIC and more.

I find my MPG meter fairly close, or about 1mpg over so it's usually pretty good. I actually forced myself to drive nice the past week and I got over 19mpg around the city. Usually I'll forget after 4 days and end up in boost enough to drop that to just under 19.

a 1/3ed of travel time on highway is in the 30s. drive behind bricks they call truck/suvs. or even a line of cars.

im not saying its huge gains but it helps. and ofcourse like MTS said no boost for u!! well not the same way but u get the point.

as for 99.9 reading--- i get that all the time. it never happen till i got a crank pulley.... that was my first mod. the more mods i did the more it happens. all the time now!!

nope, but i drive the highway 40-50 miles a day round trip to & from work...... that stuffs going to happen.

its happened on all my cars/trucks ive driven this route for the the last 8yrs. the leggy, i dont think its specific of the car at least for me. i just care a whole lot more about it, then my other cars.

im more upset about it & more aware of what im behind. & cars throw crap up to so hows to say.

its just all the driving i do on a busy ass highway everyday. maybe i need a new job that i can walk to work:lol:

.........then again, my Legacy's MPG Meter is a piece of s**t and it could have been lying to me the entire day.
:iam:

It is no mystery, the "trip computer" is a toy which lacks accuracy and precision. The only thing right about it is the clock and it is in the same zip code as your car.

I pulled into the gas station the other day tanked up and compared my "calculator" MPG to the trip computer. The on board computer was over by 12%, actual mileage was 20.7 MPG driving Highway One up to and back from Sea Ranch CA. I drove the car very hard up the coast, it was a kick in the pants :cool: Took 10 minutes off my usual time in my old Accord. The chicanes near Fort Ross were a riot, I thought my boss who was in the passenger seat was going to lose it. :lol:

I didn't buy this car to save gas, I bought it to burn it. Lots of it. My thanks to the dinosaurs and all they left us.

Be Well

-Zin

06 LGT LTD GRP 5MT

07 FXT LTD OBP 4EAT

I achieved 30.0 driving back from Illinois the other weekend. I reset it right before I got on the interstate, so it was basically all interstate cruising at 74mph.

This weekend I went to Omaha and got right around 27.0 both directions. It was interstate cruising again, but this time the cruise was generally set at 79mph (due to the speed limit being 70 instead of 65), and my AC was on for a good part of it.

I would think that I could get at least 32mpg cruising at 70mph, and probably 34-35 cruising at 65.

I would think that I could get at least 32mpg cruising at 70mph, and probably 34-35 cruising at 65.

i get the best MPG driving 75MPH at ~3000RPM. :)

This Space For Rent

only time ive gotten bad milage is when it was new of course and recently from my dirty oem filter that came with the car.was getting about 14. changed it out with and avo one and back up to 18-19 around town. with lots of boost of course running cobb stage 2.

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

Archived