LegacyGT.com

COBB Tuning Legacy GT Swaybar Kit Released !!!

Hmmmmmm, isn't this a recipe for massive oversteer, especially in the rain and snow?

I don't think so, the JDM bar is 20 mm and the Whiteline rear bar is also 20, or maybe 21. Both work with the stock FSB and make the car neutral. I think the COBB RSB is just a little stiffer, but then the front bars slight increase in stiffness will offset it.

I should have mine on next week and I will report back.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think the LGT's fat ass needs a bigger bar than a normal aftermarket bar. I have my Whiteline rear on the stiffest setting with stock front sway and it's barely neutral. This COBB kit would be perfect. COBB obviously puts some thought into their bar rates because my STi bars are friggin' awesome - total transformation and no crazy oversteer. Ride quality barely changed at all.

Yes, that is correct. Cobb bars front and rear will provide a fairly balanced LGT, of course the adjustable rear bar will help dial in the sways for driver prefrence. Its all about how you want your car to feel.

Let me know if there are any other questions

Thanks

Rick

I installed the Cusco rear sway bar ( standard end links) and am having a really annoying with a "knocking" noise from the sway bar- probably made worse by my car being a wagon. It's very noticable in the back seat. It's comes from both sides, and is clearly from the endlink area and it feels like it comes up from the rear shock tower.

It's particularly noisy over small "high-frequency" tarmac ripples. There is no problem with large bumps or hard cornering.

Nothing is loose- I have double checked and retightened everything.

Would new endlinks help? Or these reinforcing brackets from COBB? Or just sell it and go with the full COBB bars?

Help!

Andrew

can't wait, hopefully you will persuade me to buy them :)

As long as there is no fitment issues (which I can't see comin from Hotchkis) then I think I will convince you.

Light weight bars and rear adjustability FTW.

BTW I have the Whiteline adj rear on right now to compare with.

I had Cusco f/r sway bars/endlinks and the Cobb rsb reinforcement installed this past weekend. I have yet to really push my wagon to determine the impact of the mods, but the installer warned me that oversteer will occur with FAR LESS progression. He suggested I get a feel of the set up in an empty parking lot. What I have noticed is creaking coming form the rear during low speed maneuvers like turning and going over a bump in my driveway. (Is that expected given the increase in stiffness?) Ride quality hasn't changed.
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][B][I]"Sweep the leg!" - Sensei Kreese, Karate Kid [/I][/B][/FONT]

Jeepers, I ordered my sway bar set over a week ago. Has anybody received their shipment yet?
"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

OK, although I ordered fromo GTWorx/Racecomp, they were drop shipped from Cobb, and apparently Cobb ships everything with a signature required for delivery...and no-one was home. The UPS robot neglected to leave a note, but after some cluster f^ing around, I managed to will-call the package at UPS. Be aware of this if you order from Cobb, or if something is going to be drop shipped.

Anyway, the bars are on. Pretty easy install, although I had to drop my exhaust, since the cat-back part is one piece (no more flanges before the mufflers). Clearance is tight with my exhaust (custom catback), we'll see how that goes.

It's a little late for a test drive, so I'll go for a drive in the morning and post results... ;)

So, if the car responds so well to a huge bar up front, why do all the matched swaybars only increase the front by around 50% stiffness while the rear is more like 200%?

:confused:

Cause stiffening the rear helps overall roll resistance as well. It also maximizes the usage of the rear tires.

What you dont want to do is go smaller than stock.

I purchased these yesterday at the WBM and put them in last night, LOVE THEM, the fit is perfect. I'm using Cobb rear end links and AVO fronts. The rest of my suspension is stock and I have only tried the softer setting thus far. I am very pleased, well worth the $380, the body roll is tremendously reduced with the stock springs and struts, but ions are on the way. I would definitely reccommend these bars!!!:)

Will the rinforcements fit the Outback?
06LOB2.5i MT, JDMRSB, GYTTs, HPS, LGT Mufflers & Leather Wheel, SubiMomo Knob, Inalfa Moonroof, Clutch Switch Bypass, DeDRLd, DeChimed, & Straight Headrest.

Options/Advice: Any thoughts?

1) Install Cusco f/r I've already purchased and buy a Cobb reinforcement set ($75) for the bars (possibly endlinks?).

2) Go with a complete Cobb set up (f/rsb, reinforcement, possibly endlinks?) and sell the Cusco for cheap.

Why would I do this? I don't have much time and don't want to fiddle with any clunking, etc., and Cobb sounds like a perfect fit. Then again I realize people haven't driven very long on the Cobb setup yet.

AC

Archived