LegacyGT.com

2007 spec-B & STI Limited info from Subaru

slamck

Ditto... just got it earlier today but I'm a little confused on several things:

1. In the index list it gives you three options: one is "Only on the spec.B" but lists soooo many common features that it seem odd. Maybe they meant only on the spec.B compared to other companies vehicles? :D

2. At the bottom of the e-mail it says, "Want to know the specifics?" And it doesn't tell you much else that wasn't posted already in the original press release. No price? No date? I guess I was hoping to see a bit more info! It's starting to grow on me though... oddly enough.

It is neat though that they show you how the SI drive works. Push for Intelligent mode and click the left or right to switch between S and SS. Seems neat, wonder if it will really change much in the driving though... especially between S and SS. :confused: I guess we'll have to wait some more! :)

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

..."Only on the spec.B" but lists soooo many common features that it seem odd. Maybe they meant only on the spec.B compared to other companies vehicles? :D

Second that.

There are a lot of items there that we are pretty much confirmed are LGT Limited confirmed options for 07...

243hp turbo h4 - obviously common with lgt.

Symmetrical AWD - ditto.

6MT - Spec B only. (we think... :D )

Bilsteins - Spec B only

SI Drive - confirmed by SOA's press saying it will be on GT-L and OBXT

VDC - could be Spec B or ALL GT... dunno

18" wheels - Spec B only

Moonroof - common, obviously

"Charcoal Leather Trimmed Upholstery" Makes no mention of the blue ultrasuede... and could apply to all Legacys with the "charcoal" limited interior.

heated seats - standard equipment, last I checked.

Two-position memory setting. - unknown whether it is Spec B only or GT standard. Had better be GT standard, is all I am going to say...

Touch screen NAV - Spec B for manual, but LGT Auto gets option, at least it did...

100-Watt stereo with sat and aux in - again confirmed by SOA press that it applies to all.

So it is a bit inaccurate for them to say Spec B only...

No date, but with all of this advance press, I am hoping it will be on lots in July.

No Mention of Color, not even a real mention of the interior color trim. PERHAPS this indicates that there is more than one color combo. (other paint colors may not get blue seats, hence no mention of the blue microfiber cloth.)

No Mention of Price... how much have they learned this year? will they price it too high? same? Even perhaps a slight bit less?

If they do have more colors coming, and I can special order one for invoice minus dealer holdback... I might jump on that. But unless the GT is getting de-contented for some strange reason, GT might be a bit better value with the lower sticker price to start with, and barely less content.

Some people don't need NAV, 6th gear may or may not be taller than GT's 5th with same symmetrical AWD, and a recent truck wheel-center incident calls the aluminum suspension components's strength into question. Bilstein struts and 18"s can be fitted afterward.

Aux in is still a new toy. The auto industry has been slow to embrace MP3/WMA devices. The memory seats should be mandatory in this class and a bluetooth option would be great.

Subaru is always slow...

in adopting new (even not so new) features, for instance:

- HID headlight

- one touch up/down windows

- full iPod integration (not just aux input)

- bluetooth

- memory seats (finally)

- one touch sun roof (just recently available)

- steering wheel audio control (still only on the top models)

It's sad that Subaru keeps saying they ARE premium brand while their products are still lagging in features and contents comparing to the non-premium brands.

Yes and no, Subaru accessories trim levels where a lot of the other guys make you option up a certain vehicle adding thousands to its base price. I think Subaru is on the right track... they aren't quite at their destination but on the right track.

Subaru is always slow...

in adopting new (even not so new) features, for instance:

- HID headlight

- one touch up/down windows

- full iPod integration (not just aux input)

- bluetooth

- memory seats (finally)

- one touch sun roof (just recently available)

- steering wheel audio control (still only on the top models)

It's sad that Subaru keeps saying they ARE premium brand while their products are still lagging in features and contents comparing to the non-premium brands.

It's not that Subaru is really slow to adopt features. The problem is that they decide to drop features for some reason. I have a Legacy Turbo sedan from the early 90's before they were a PREMIUM brand and my car has an aux in (on cassette deck of course :)), one touch up/down drivers window and 60/40 folding rear seats. So these types of features were not new to Subaru but yet were still absent from the new Legacy!

True, but the price point has been up and down over the years too. My wife's 02 Forester S stickered at $27,000 and now a better equipped X Premium is less than that... go figure. My 1999 2.5RS stickered around $20,000 and now a better performing 2.5i is less than $19,000. Oh, FYI, the 07 leggies will have split folding rear seats ;)

My 1992 Subaru SVX LS-L had features and conveniences comparable to other luxurious GT models from other manufacturers. Too bad that Subaru of America doesn't offer what its sister divisions do offer in other countries.

My 1992 Subaru SVX LS-L had features and conveniences comparable to other luxurious GT models from other manufacturers.
And it was priced ($28,000 MSRP) comparable to other luxurious GT models from other manufacturers. According to http://data.bls.gov/cgi-bin/cpicalc.pl, $28,000 in 1991 had the same buying power as $41,420 today. The MSRP (including delivery) for a MY1997 SVX LSi was $36,740 ($47,184 in today's dollars) and SOA sold 640 of them.

I doubt SOA wants to walk down the SVX route again.

nah... but they would be able to offer some or most of those features in a GT coupe based on the Legacy Chassis (lower cost than dedicated platform) now for a similar price to the LGT/Spec B. With a shared platform and drivetrains, rather than unique chassis and engine combo, that the SVX had.

Heck, a coupe version of the Legacy GT/Spec B with a few very minor conveniences added would be fine. Things like auto headlight (hid option) and good color/interior choice, audio not integrated with ACC, and thus replaceable. Folding Seats and audio in, which are now coming to the Legacy, as well.

A Turbo 4 or H6 with 6MT/5EAT-SportShift options would be a good choice for powertrains. (Maybe the 2.5i but I am not sure that is necessary with an Impreza and WRX three-door coming...)

-But then again, I think the 2.5t and 3.0R, with 6MT and 5EAT should all be offered on the Legacy sedans and wagons, too.

I would think Subaru's lineup would look good this way... not that this would ever happen.

-Impreza 3 and 5 door hatches, 2.5i and WRX 2.5T, STI 2.5T in both bodystyles, Taller/bodycladding for Outback Sport 5-door.

-Forester SUV, 2.5X(i), 2.5XT, perhaps 3.0R lux special edition, STI H4 sport pkg.

-Legacy Sedan and wagon, 2.5i/limited, 2.5GT, Spec B (sport pkg), Limited production Blitzen (limited colors/options) and STI (turbo H6) options.

-Unnamed Legacy-based Coupe. 2.5Turbo, 3.0R, limited STI H6 drivetrains.

-Outback 2.5i/Limited, 2.5XT, 3.0R-base/LLBean (2.5i Limited, XT, and LLBean should all have VDC, like similar legacys and coupes.)

-Tribeca 3.0R, and 3.0R special edition (turbo/supercharged engine, lower ride height, sportier appearance... and a face transplant.)

ANy ideas on the pricing of the 2007 Spec B??? If its crazy expensive...i'd rather just get a used 05 and save me some moolah...the depreciation on this car almost makes it not worth it to buy brand new the 2nd time around....tht plus the fuel demands

I think the 06 spec b pushed the price envelope about as far as Subaru can go at this point for a vehicle in this class. Going much higher would require increased power, bigger brakes, hid, etc. My guess is the increased cost of the 6spd will be offset by the deletion of full leather seats. I'm guessing maybe an increase of $500 over the 06's.

It's not that Subaru is really slow to adopt features. The problem is that they decide to drop features for some reason. I have a Legacy Turbo sedan from the early 90's before they were a PREMIUM brand and my car has an aux in (on cassette deck of course :)), one touch up/down drivers window and 60/40 folding rear seats. So these types of features were not new to Subaru but yet were still absent from the new Legacy!

Funny thing this, I also have an aux(also cassette deck) and on my car I have a one touch window driver, only on the drivers side though

Archived