LegacyGT.com

I have an exhaust leak that I can't find.

Deer Killer

I suspect it's the donut gasket, but everytime I get under the car and feel around it, the leak mysteriously dissappears. Usually this means that when driving in close quarters to walls/other cars my car sounds like poop. Sometimes. I've had all the heatshields off the manifold and everything seems perfectly tight up there. Any idea as what to do next? Anyone else have trouble with the donut gasket? (I've noticed that the Cobb DP seemed to be slightly short, and the spring loaded clips really had to pull together the parts vs just keeping them snug. I hope that's not an issue, because that would suck.)

Check all the nuts, make sure they are tight, DP/UP/MP/Manifold. Check if there is any soot around any of the flanges.

What exhaust mods? DP and what else?

DP and gutted UP with a plug for the EGT.

Can't find any soot.. I doubt it's from before the turbo. No problems making boost and no strange noises under boost. Still I took off all the heatshields, and even sprayed everything down with soapy water.. Nothing.

:iam:

Like a blown gasket

*cough* Rich x 2

STFU :lol:

DP and gutted UP with a plug for the EGT.

Can't find any soot.. I doubt it's from before the turbo. No problems making boost and no strange noises under boost. Still I took off all the heatshields, and even sprayed everything down with soapy water.. Nothing.

:iam:

Weld it :icon_twis

DK - strange.... :(

What I've learned recently is that even with a relatively large (i.e. a missing manifold-to-up nut) pre-turbo leak, you can still reach target-boost.

I would guess that you've got a blown gasket somewhere, too, but why the heck it's not showing up with soapy water or by feel, I truly don't understand.

Have you tried having someone rev the vehicle while you look for the leak?

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Just a thought but have you looked for the leak while the car is cold? It seems like this is when you notice it most and maybe with heat expansion it is not quite as evident.(?):confused:

nick.

Stage2.5376, TDC ProTune,blah blah blahhhh and....Alky/H20 injection :icon_mrgr

Archived