LegacyGT.com

Air Fuel gauge for 2.5GT

Keredstg

Hey guys I have an 05 2.5GT and I wanted to know which wire it the signal wire I want to hook up to from the O2 sensor. there are 4 wires but I don't have a multimeter handy. one is ground, one is the heater, one is the signal and i'm not sure of the last but i dunno which one is which.

please help!

If you bought one of the standard A/F gauges they are intended for use with a narrowband O2 sensor (0-1V). Our front O2 sensor is a wideband (0-5V). You will need to tap the rear O2 sensor, which is a narrowband. BTW, a narrowband A/F gauge is 100% useless for tuning.. since it only reads about 1 A/F point around stoic (14.7:1). It is nothing more than a pretty light show. If you really want to know what your engine is doing A/F wise, you need to get a real wideband O2 sensor/controller/meter.

Our front O2 sensor is a wideband (0-5V).

Question, bro.... Does this mean that once my Bosch wideband probe burns out, I can splice-in the stocker that I took off my UP?

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

The probe in you UP is an EGT. The probe in you manifold is the wideband. I would not spice anything into the manifold probe because it’s critical to the car running and temperamental. The best place for a wideband is right after the turbo (where Cobb and Lashute sp? has a bung for it).

• 1 month later...
Hey guys I have an 05 2.5GT and I wanted to know which wire it the signal wire I want to hook up to from the O2 sensor. there are 4 wires but I don't have a multimeter handy. one is ground, one is the heater, one is the signal and i'm not sure of the last but i dunno which one is which.

please help!

ITS THE ALL WHITE ONE YOU SHOULD TAP INTO.

your shitting me, because it works with my Stewart Warner gauge perfectly fine.
If your gauge works perfectly, then it's connected to the rear 0-1V oxygen sensor, not the front A/F sensor.

http://www.sw-performance.com/tech/faq.aspx?faqid=26

Below is the response curve of the front A/F sensor, taken from the Subaru service manual.

FrontAF.gif.249af2752b209a444cb5d9000140dc88.gif

The probe in you UP is an EGT. The probe in you manifold is the wideband. I would not spice anything into the manifold probe because it’s critical to the car running and temperamental. The best place for a wideband is right after the turbo (where Cobb and Lashute sp? has a bung for it).

^ Thanks for the spot, bro. :) Chalk this one up to a serious brain-fart....I should know, after having posted enough advice to newbies, that the UP probe is an EGT. ;) My bad! :icon_bigg:redface:

My current setup has my wideband actually resident in the "mid-pipe" (third-cat section), just in front of the cat.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

• 3 months later...

Help help. I am not recieving any signal on my narrow band pro sport A/F gauge. I hooked it up to the rear 02 sensor to both the blue and white wire and recieved nothing on the gauge! please help. The car is jacked up on the stands and i am greasy. hahaha.

WHAT SHOULD I DO?!

Archived